GC 2310 one year later

/ GC 2310 one year later #21  
Oh, I forgot-- broke one of my orange lights, too (twice!:()-- I've now learned to give that overhang a WIDE berth when blowing snow!:D

A little plastic model cement, a little thin super-glue, a little epoxy.... saved myself $40+ for a replacement. Good ol' model airplane technology!

Next, gorund's almost dry, snow's almost all gone, I'll see if I can break the thumb!:eek:

Attachments

• Light-eating corner.JPG
    Light-eating corner.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 108
  • repaired light.JPG
    repaired light.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 113
   / GC 2310 one year later #22  
Oh, I forgot-- broke one of my orange lights, too (twice!:()-- I've now learned to give that overhang a WIDE berth when blowing snow!:D

A little plastic model cement, a little thin super-glue, a little epoxy.... saved myself $40+ for a replacement. Good ol' model airplane technology!

Next, gorund's almost dry, snow's almost all gone, I'll see if I can break the thumb!:eek:

This winter I was moving some snow and ice and big piece of it slipped off the back of the FEL and smacked my headlights - creating a very nice crack. I was able to pop it back into place and this post reminded me that I need to give it a super glue treatment.

For a very short time I thought about replacing it, but when I saw the price, and thought about how useless those headlights are, I discarded that notion.

Our snow is gone and the ground is slowly drying out, and when I go back into the woods I will have to be careful since I added work lights below the orange blinkers, which means several more opportunities for damage and repair.

Happy Easter, y'all.

Attachments

• PA250005.JPG
    PA250005.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 154
   / GC 2310 one year later #23  
This is what I did to mine over a year ago. I have not had a problem with trees since. Plus the lights (55 watt Hellas on each side) can rotate easily without tools in any direction for better lighting of a spot, down the hole, in the trees or down the road.

Doug

Attachments

• 0211081214.jpg
    0211081214.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 0211082010.jpg
    0211082010.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 194
   / GC 2310 one year later #24  
Hey, Tex-- got a closer shot of that light guard? Does it "fold" around on the bottom to reach the bolt(s), or is is welded?

(PS- Don't tell anybody, but you're steering wheel's upside down!:D)

/ GC 2310 one year later #25  
They are welded to the OEM bracket of the yellow lights. I just went out to look at them and it looks like I need to repaint them from all of the tree rubbing. So it looks like they are doing their job. The wheel is only upside down half the time when I use it!

Doug
Ex-Tex
Tractor in Eastern Ohio now.