MF 1230 4x4

/ MF 1230 4x4 #1  

De La Farmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1230 4x4 Hydro
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to the site and am currently thinking about a 1997MF 1230 4x4 with a 60" Westendorf FEL. Implements are a 72" LP finishing mower, 54" LP Tiller, a carry all, and a Tumble bug. The asking price is 10K, and it's been garaged it's whole life.

Seems like a good deal to me. I'd like to know if anyone has had any issues with this model or if there's anything I should look at specifically when I see it in person.

Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• MF 1230 2.JPG
    MF 1230 2.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,034
   / MF 1230 4x4 #2  
Is this STD or Hydro? How many hours? Doesn't seem like too high of a price.

/ MF 1230 4x4 #3  
Good Mornin Steve,
Originally I thought the price was a bit high, but then I see that your getting a few nice attachments, so Im thinking the price pretty well in line. I would prefer the gear unit myself, but as Fred stated you didnt mention that.

You might be able to haggle on the price a bit also ! Here is a link from the Tractor Data page on that machine. TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 1230 tractor information

Take someone with you that knows tractors well enough to evaluate the machine before making a offer ! ;)

/ MF 1230 4x4
I'm not sure of the transmission, but I know the tractor has about 916 hours on it. I kind of hope it's not a hydo, but what should I look for if it is? Thanks,

/ MF 1230 4x4 #5  
I haven't heard of any problems with the hydro, I just figure they usually fetch a higher price. As long as it drives with plenty of power I would think you would be alright. If it is a standard just check for clutch wear, some are a little tough on them.