Massey planter model 39

/ Massey planter model 39 #1  

striperdoc

I purchased a model 39 planter (two row) in decent shape that came with two plates. These were said to be for small beans or sweet corn (round seeds). I'll be planting some field corn this spring; however, I am having trouble finding more seed plates for this planter. I saw the linconag.com website but there are only 3 sets of seed plates listed for the massey planters. I guess they would fit the Model 39? anybody know? Also, I'm having trouble deciphering which plate to purchase for corn. Not sure on size.

Does anyone have a list of seed plates available and a guide of what seeds they will plant? Or any adivce where to look for this info?

I am aware I can go through my dealer, but am having trouble getting any info from them. I guess there is not enough profit to be made on seed plates and it is not worth their time.

Thanks for your time to help a newbie.

/ Massey planter model 39 #2  
Let me know if you still need the info. I think if you called Lincoln ag they would tell you if the plates they have would work in your planter and which seed they will handle.