Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: ferguson abo-22 disc or mf model 25 disc

thanks fwj. do you think the disc is worth changin over to different spools vs buyin a cheep compact disc from agri-supply or somewhere? i love the ez adjustments it has...thats what is holding me to it...lol but at the same time im tryin to spend the least amout of money as i can right now.

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

IMHO, the #25 disc (and it's predicessor [sp?]) are the best of the best when you're talking about 3-point mounted disc's. NOTHING since will do as good of a job.

That said, there's always a point of diminishing return. When parts become impossible to get, we finally have to give up on the concept of keeping old equipment on the job.

THAT SAID..... I'd be willing to go to extremes to keep my #25 up and running. FORTUNATELY, mine saw very little use over the years and is in excellent condition.
    There are three kinds of men;
    1.) The ones that learn by reading
    2.) The few who learn by observation
    3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Tractor
    1996 Grand L3300, 1963 Farmall 140

Try Woodex bearings in Georgetown ME. They have wood bearings for some models and can make whatever you need if you give them dimensions.

Woodex-Meco

I have a MF 25 disc I'm considering selling the parts from. One of the bearing spools is busted and one gang rod is slightly bent. It has the old style spools. The part number on the top half is 662046m2.

Tractor
    230 MF, 240MF, IH3300

If this thread is still alive, here's what am doing. I purchased a bottom box, part #662047M1. I am going to tap it for grease fittings and construct out of 38" steel a mount to carry the gang and scrapers. F:YI'

Jaroberts 33ford@etex.net

I don't know if anyone is interested but I have a Massey #25 I am going to sell. It's a little too big for my kubota B3000. It's in pretty good shape, some of the discs are rusty from sitting around but overall it's in very nice shape. The bearings don't seem too bad from what I know about them. It does do a really good job of discing.

Tractor
    Ferguson TO-30

Quote Originally Posted by D Brownlee View Post
    I have a MF 25 disc I'm considering selling the parts from. One of the bearing spools is busted and one gang rod is slightly bent. It has the old style spools. The part number on the top half is 662046m2.
    Do you by chance still have this disk, or parts available. I recently aquired an old ABO-22 and need some of the the spacers and end cone shaped washers. Part numbers needed are A-BO-8067 (2) & A-BO-8069 (3)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12