MF 175 shop manuals

/ MF 175 shop manuals #1  

Phast12

Tractor
1964 Massey Ferguson 175
I just picked up a MF 175 that needs a good amount of work. I have been reading that the IT manuals may not be worth picking up. Is there another manual(s) that I should get (this is my first tractor)?

/ MF 175 shop manuals #2  
I just picked up a MF 175 that needs a good amount of work. I have been reading that the IT manuals may not be worth picking up. Is there another manual(s) that I should get (this is my first tractor)?

Get the OEM manuals from Massey Ferguson. Get the owners manual, service manual, and parts manual. You'll be glad you did. First thing you'll notice is the MF service manual is 10 times as thick as the I&T manual. That aughtta tell you plenty right there. I&T is essentially the "Cliff Notes" version. They lack details you'll need to know.

The OEM manuals are available at MF dealers, EBAY, and a number of other sources.

/ MF 175 shop manuals
Thanks for the help, have them all on the way. Next is the fun part of starting to restore everything.

/ MF 175 shop manuals #4  
Although Big Dean Austin used to have a website that is now gone, you might want to try this email to see if you can get his cd's on the 100 series --the MF manuals listed by Farm are necessary and Deans stuff tells you how to fix most stuff that goes wrong with these machines. Have not used in over a year so not sure if he is still responding but worth a try
Daustin62@aol.com