MF1533 - Reconnecting FEL

/ MF1533 - Reconnecting FEL #1  

Liren

Surely there is a trick to reconnecting the hydraulic hoses for the FEL to our MF1533. Pushing as hard as we can on back of the connector and the hose hasn't been enough. A quick search here hasn't returned anything. I had mistakenly assumed the connectors would be quick disconnects, but there's no way to slide the cover on the receiving end. Anyone have some things to try?

/ MF1533 - Reconnecting FEL #2  
I had the same issue over the winter...You need to remove the end of the hoses on the frontend loader side and release the pressure. You should be able to press in the little button on the centre of the fitting. I wrapped my hoses in rags when I did this to avoid getting squirted. The hoses simply push back together. Once you get it back together be sure to cycle all functions and get the air out of the system.

If you have problems after they are connected properly then you could have a bad disconnect and it will need to be changed under warranty.

/ MF1533 - Reconnecting FEL
Will check that when I get home tonight. Thanks!

/ MF1533 - Reconnecting FEL #4  
Also check for trash in the receiving end. I'm bad about not using the rubber plugs and getting trash in mine. Usually relieving pressure will take care of it, though.

/ MF1533 - Reconnecting FEL
We put the plugs in the receiving side. The FEL was disconnected for all of 3 hours. Followed the manual's steps for disconnecting it. Disconnecting the hoses was difficult enough to begin with. I had expected the connectors to be similar to the air tools we have, but it would seem they aren't.

/ MF1533 - Reconnecting FEL #6  
The same thing happened to me the first time I disconnected the FEL. I did not release all of the pressure and it made it almost impossible to get the hoses back on. I ended up wrapping the hoses in a rag and pushing on the center of the hose fitting to release the pressure, after that it went on no problem.

Now, before I take the FEEL off, I release all of the pressure by shutting off the tractor and rotating the FEL joystick in all of the positions. Then I remove the hoses. That relieves the pressure and makes reconnection possible.

/ MF1533 - Reconnecting FEL #7  
The same thing happened to me the first time I disconnected the FEL. I did not release all of the pressure and it made it almost impossible to get the hoses back on. I ended up wrapping the hoses in a rag and pushing on the center of the hose fitting to release the pressure, after that it went on no problem.

Now, before I take the FEEL off, I release all of the pressure by shutting off the tractor and rotating the FEL joystick in all of the positions. Then I remove the hoses. That relieves the pressure and makes reconnection possible.

Yep, agree 100%, same thing with me.

/ MF1533 - Reconnecting FEL #8  
I have had the same problem but I don't think it was pressure related.

If I tried to attatch the female end pointing down, the little balls in the connector would not retract to allow complete attatchment----soloution-turn the female connector to a vertical position, retract the collar, keep holding the collar in the retract position, turn the hose down to the plugin position--bingo--no problem!

I agree it doesn't work quite as well as a connector on a air hose, not a plug-and play operation!

/ MF1533 - Reconnecting FEL #9  
As suggested on this forum before, I use one of the extensions from my wratchet wrench set as a punch to relieve the pressure in the FEL. Place this on the center ball/button of the FEL connector, wrap with a shop rag, and then tap the other end of the metal extender with a rubber mallet or hammer. this should work well to relieve the pressure.

/ MF1533 - Reconnecting FEL #10  
soloution-turn the female connector to a vertical position, retract the collar, keep holding the collar in the retract position, turn the hose down to the plugin position

The problem is, the collar won't budge! :(

First off, it was a pain in the butt to disconnect the connectors. I assumed (since the manual doesn't give any detailed info on how to exactly do this) that they at least work similar to air connectors: You pull the collar on the female end back, away from the male end, so that the male end can pop out. Is this correct? If so - the problem is that on ours, you cannot move the collars. There is no clearance between the collar and the base plate through which the pipes & connectors poke. The connectors on the tractor end have the collars on them, but there's a C-clip on each side of the base plate, and there's 0 space between the collars and the base plate. So there is no way to pull back the collars. The only way that i was able to disconnect things was by pushing the tubes on the tractor end forward, thereby making the whole thing slide forward inside the collar (which would stick against the base plate) and thereby effectively getting the same effect as if i'd pulled back the collar. It's just next to impossible to repeat this going back in, and on top of that, i cannot believe that that's how it's supposed to be! Did they install things incorrectly perhaps??