Backhoe Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610

/ Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610 #11  
A hydraulic hose series is usually tested at about twice the expected pressure. Either the hose is not meeting spec, or it was damaged , or you are generating excessive pressure by reverse ram effect. Your pump would be putting out pressure as it has been, and you have reliefs, on the valve.

Weak hose or excessive pressure. Just what did the damage look like, hose burst in the middle, fitting blew out, etc.

/ Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610
The hose acutally burst in the same spot the original one did, but there is no evidence of any "wear" or "Rub". It appears that it simply burst.

/ Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610 #13  
I found on mine that the cylinder hoes connector point was pinching the the hoses in the tray. I used a die grinder to make to opening a little larger and made some "U" brackets to hole the hose in place along the outside walls. Has done the trick for mine.

/ Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610 #14  
Rob,

A friend of mine has a 2410 and had the same problem. You need to re-route those 2 hoses. Pull them out of that small opening on the boom and re-route them inside the boom, it'll eliminate the problem you are having. My buddy said Massey had a service bulletin out on this problem (over a year ago now), see if your dealer can get you a copy of it. He hasn't had a problem since. Good luck!

/ Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610 #15  
Sorry, just realized this post was from 2009, hope you got it fixed and haven't had any problems since!

/ Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610
Thanks, I finally got the service bulletin from another dealer and fixed the problem. I just wish Massey would send an email or notice directly to the owners and let them know of these things.