Backhoe Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610

/ Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610 #1  

Rob2310

Silver Member
Tractor
GC 2610
I love my new tractor, but experienced my first problem this past weekend. A hydraulic hose on the main boom for the backhoe burst, sending hydraulic fluid into my face. It appears that this is a design flaw, as there is nothing to protect the hoses as they past out of the boom. (See Photos). I called my dealer, who is sending new hoses, but I believe that I need to make a grommet to protect them. Any ideas. Thanks

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 492
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 530
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 562
   / Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610 #2  
I love my new tractor, but experienced my first problem this past weekend. A hydraulic hose on the main boom for the backhoe burst, sending hydraulic fluid into my face. It appears that this is a design flaw, as there is nothing to protect the hoses as they past out of the boom. (See Photos). I called my dealer, who is sending new hoses, but I believe that I need to make a grommet to protect them. Any ideas. Thanks

Yes, Find some good thick hose and slice it and slip it over the edge of the metal. They also make hose wrap.

You could also unhook the hoses, and use a thick two in hose or radiator hose as sleeve and secure it at the edge of the metal, then reconnect the hoses. Rounding off the metal might be OK. Some tire rubber glued in place.

/ Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610 #3  
Ouch!! Like JJ suggested-- I did the same on my 2310 in a couple of spots where I could see problems might develop-- use a good, heavy/hard hose to go around the hydraulic lines as they go through the hole. I also wonder if it would be worthwhile to file the metal just a tad to round/enlarge the hole out a bit. Sure does look like a design boo-boo to me!

/ Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610
Just wanted to give everyone an update. While installing my new hoses, I found that the orginal "blown" hose did not have the right amount of slack in it to allow the main boom to extend. The extra length of hose was in the control box. When installing the new hoses, I simply left more slack at the main boom jack and now have no rubbing problems.

/ Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610 #5  
Thanks-- I'll be checking mine!

/ Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610 #6  
You can also route the hoses thru the boom instead of on top of the boom.

Yea, but you got to bring them out to hook up to the jacks and that's where the problem was. Thanks

/ Problems with new backhoe on GC 2610 #8  
I had the exact same thing happen on mine the other day. One hose blew and the other looks worn. By the way, I sent you a message with a couple questions Rob.

Frank

In responding to "frank1213" questions, I forgot to mention, that I pulled into one of the hoses going to the outriggers apart a few weeks ago. While changing the hose, I found that Massey used two 4ft hoses to each outrigger and used zipties to control the lenght of the hoses. This is where the problem lies. While transporting the backhoe or for any other reason that it remains on the tractor for any amount of time, these zipties are subjected to the regular vibrations off the tractor. This in time could cause the zipties to slide, causing the hose to be to short when you try to lower the outrigger, causing the hose to pull into. When I changed the hose, I did not use zipties, just rerouted the hose. I also clipped the zipties from the other side to eliminate any future problems. Obviously, Massey did not put this backhoe through a rigorous test session, prior to shipment, or these problems would have or should have been corrected, prior to shipment.

Unbelievable, but I just blew the same hose on my backhoe that I blew in April. This time, the hose actually exploded. There was no damage or stretching of the hose. I was pulling on a log and the hose blew. I'm wondering if I have a problem with the hydraulic pressure going to the hoe. Has anyone else had this problem. My dealer is 100 miles away. She is sending me a new hose, but I need to dig a water line ASAP, so I'm going to have NAPA make me one. I told my dealer that if I blow another hose, then I would let them look at it.