1533: Power Beyond Options

/ 1533: Power Beyond Options #1  

gpflepsen

Silver Member
I have my 1533 w/ FEL home now and am looking to the future and adding power beyond; first to the rear and then perhaps later to the front.

Q1, how expensive is the 2-valve PB Massey kit for the rear? What comes (or what doesn't come) with the kit, does it including the handles/levers for the stock control location and everything from the manifold--->valves--->quick connects?

Is the 1533 equipped with an identical PB manifold location like the 1529 and 1532? The other current thread with the 1529 is full of good information on part numbers and some pricing.

Thanks

/ 1533: Power Beyond Options #2  
Power beyond and remote valves are two different animals. The remote valve kit from Massey is pricey, but it does come with all the nice handles and such for a full factory install. Power beyond just gives you a source of hydraulics for equipment that has it's own control valve like a backhoe. The 1533 is different from the 1529/32 and is much easier to add power beyond. The remote valve kits are similar in that they use the same valves, but the handles and quick disconnect mount is different.
Do you have the factory (tractor) mounted loader valve or the pedestal (loader) mounted valve?
Frank

/ 1533: Power Beyond Options
Thanks for the response Frank, I have the tractor mounted joystick

I have two options, from the way I understand it. I can...

-add power beyond to the loader valve for a front mounted accessory (grapple, etc.). This would tap intot he power beyond port on the loader valve.

-add a set of rear remotes by installing the remote kit (factory type install) or buy the manifold to add a power beyond from the location that is high on the right under the seat. This would involve buying and locating a set of open center valves somewhere for operation.

I have heard the factory setup to be $1000, which is quite steep for what you are getting, IMHO.

/ 1533: Power Beyond Options #4  
On the 1533 you don't need the manifold block. If you look at your factory valve you will notice that there is a pressure relief valve assembly mounted between it and the differential case. On top of that valve is a hard line that runs to the rear end for the 3pt hydraulics. Since that line has fittings at both ends you just need to remove the line to tap into the hydraulic flow for power beyond. The port out of the pressure relief valve would run to your new valve and the power beyond port from the new valve would be routed to the 3pt connection on the rear end. If you are adding more than one valve you just connect them in series power beyond to pressure in and all the tank return lines can be connected together and returned to the tank fitting (probably currently plugged) further back on the right side of the rear end.
That line on the 1529/32 only has a fitting at one end that is why you need to use the manifold block on the 1529/32
Frank

Attachments

• image006.gif
    image006.gif
    223.5 KB · Views: 2,289
Thanks. I'll have to perhaps pull the wheel off and get a better look at my setup.

I've attached a figure of the rear auxiliary remote setup that is optional on the 1533. I think the 1529/32 would be similar. It would be a nice addition as mentioned earlier.

Attachments

• 1533 Rear Aux Hyd.JPG
    1533 Rear Aux Hyd.JPG
    352.4 KB · Views: 1,942
   / 1533: Power Beyond Options #7  
I have a 1533 , there aren't any hard lines going to the joystick to help locate the power beyond line , I wanted to tee off the lines right at the back of the joystick if that is possible for a third valve.

Appreciate any help

/ 1533: Power Beyond Options #8  
Power beyond and remote valves are two different animals. The remote valve kit from Massey is pricey, but it does come with all the nice handles and such for a full factory install. Power beyond just gives you a source of hydraulics for equipment that has it's own control valve like a backhoe. The 1533 is different from the 1529/32 and is much easier to add power beyond. The remote valve kits are similar in that they use the same valves, but the handles and quick disconnect mount is different.
Do you have the factory (tractor) mounted loader valve or the pedestal (loader) mounted valve?
Frank
Do you happen to know what size fittings those hard lines are. I'm gonna add a 3rd function kit to my 1533 and need to have some hydraulic hoses made so I can tap into the power beyond, as the kit does not come with the right hoses and fittings.