Your experience needed on new GC2400

/ Your experience needed on new GC2400 #1  

blackd

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar FX24D replaced with Massey GC2400
GC2400 is not a little over a week old, and I have these questions.

1) does your fuel gauge work? Mine doesn't seem to read anything when tank is past 1/2 full.

2) What engineer designed those turn signal lights and placed them outboard on the ROPS. The seem to love tree limbs. I have already torn loose the left side, and the right side has been hit often and hard enough to make it the next candidate. Anyone done anything about this?

/ Your experience needed on new GC2400 #2  
Dealer will fix the fuel gauge under warranty, wait unitl you have gone thru a full tank of fuel so you can tell the deaelr exactly what is happening with the gauge. Seems to me there is a gaurd that is supposed to go around the lights.

/ Your experience needed on new GC2400
Tks, Jeep, I was beginning to despair about getting an answer. I've gone through 1 1/2 tanks so far, and it is just not registering after 1/2 full. Yes, there is a guard around the lights, but they are too flimsy. If they get hit repeatedly, and mine obviously do, they just bend getting weaker.

I guess I'll have to move them inboard and/or put more metal around them.

/ Your experience needed on new GC2400 #4  
Tks, Jeep, I was beginning to despair about getting an answer. I've gone through 1 1/2 tanks so far, and it is just not registering after 1/2 full. Yes, there is a guard around the lights, but they are too flimsy. If they get hit repeatedly, and mine obviously do, they just bend getting weaker.

I guess I'll have to move them inboard and/or put more metal around them.

We had the same problem when we got our 1523. My Dad was cutting close to a bird house, caught the one light, and broke it off. We bought new LED lights @ TSC, heated the brackets up, and bent the straight up, so the lights are now inward. The can still be seen clearly from the front, and rear. Problem solved.

Has anyone had fuel gauge/sender problems?

WilliamBos, I am not sure from your picture what you are saying. The brackets on the ROPS in your picture is where my lights are mounted. Are/were yours mounted similarly?

/ Your experience needed on new GC2400 #6  
Has anyone had fuel gauge/sender problems?

WilliamBos, I am not sure from your picture what you are saying. The brackets on the ROPS in your picture is where my lights are mounted. Are/were yours mounted similarly?

Before... :(

After... :)

/ Your experience needed on new GC2400 #7  
William, a question... what's the width between your uprights on the 1523 ROPS? Your solution seems an elegant one, but it appears that, with the 2310's width (34"), the inboard-positioned lights might interfere with operation of the BH and/or flipping the seat around.... I suspect the width on the 2410 is the same as mine-- but still a good idea, better than adding more metal, it would seem.

/ Your experience needed on new GC2400 #8  
Be careful about cutting, drilling or welding on the ROPS. It could compromise the integrity of the ROPS heaven for bid anything should happen. Might want to just move the lights down a little lower. Use some "square" U-bolts to make a bracket and clamp it to the roll bar. Othe roption is to mount them to the top of the rear fenders.

What I will probably do is build a bracket that bolts to the old one, and move them inboard. No cutting, drilling, welding (on the tractor), just some new bolts.

Updated: Well it was an easy fix. I just needed to extend the brackets to make room for the lights to fit inboard. I had some very lite plate laying around so cut and drilled to conform with existing bracket bolt patterns. Removed and reversed light positions (left to right/right to left), and put them back on the newly installed bracket extenders.

The lights may be wired differently since when I use one turn signal the other comes on but not flashing. It is just a minor inconvenience.