Gc2410tlb mmm raise and lower

/ Gc2410tlb mmm raise and lower #1  

rayban1

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB
Have a gc2410tlb with a 54" mmm. Having trouble raising and lowering mower deck with hyd lever, can raise and lower with only mower deck height black knob. All hyd lines connected. Won't raise or lower with bagger system on or back hoe. Thanks Ray

/ Gc2410tlb mmm raise and lower #2  
Are the 3PT arms going up and down? Or are they hanging on something? If they do not move you can not move the mower. The black knob only controls how far the deck drops. Unless you are talking about the speed control knob for the 3 PT.

Doug

/ Gc2410tlb mmm raise and lower
the 3 pt arms are held up by the black bungee cord when the bh is on. When I attach the bagger system they hold the frame that supports the 3 bags. When i move the hyd lever to raise or lower nothing happens. Wondering if it's out of adjustment or problem with hyd system. Backhoe and front loader work great. Great tractor have had it about 2 months. Getting ready to call dealer and have them take a look at it. Any one else with a mmm have any trouble raising and lowering. After i get done mowing like to raise the deck some so it has some clearance, only way i can do it is with the mower deck height knob. Have to lift on deck and turn knob with other hand, I think the hyd lever should raise it some also. Thanks ray in wa state......Again other then this, this this a great tractor, back hoe and front bucket work great. Glad I went with a massey ferguson, the red color looks great matches the fire engine I drive............

/ Gc2410tlb mmm raise and lower #4  
The 3PT arms I am talking about are the ones that lift the ones you have tied up with the bungee. It sounds like you do not have the power beyond line connected together correctly I have had the coupler pop but not come apart and had the same problem, or the links are hung not allowing the lift arms to move. I have this also happen from time to time. But when it happens it will lift but not drop down.

Doug

/ Gc2410tlb mmm raise and lower #5  
Ray- I sent a PM to you. In looking throught the MMM manual, it doesn't specifically say so, but I do believe (see tx2310's first post above) the 3PH has to be free to move up & down with the mower deck, regardless of whether anything's hooked up to it or not. (BH off, of course.)

Again, if the lower speed control knob isn't open, the hydraulics won't operate for lifting. In the pic below (experimenting last summer), you can see the knob on the right side of my tractor, poking out from the transmission area between the two white safety stickers under the seat.

Please post some pics of your set-up-- I'd like to see your bagger system!

Attachments

• no FEL:bh.JPG
    no FEL:bh.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 379
   / Gc2410tlb mmm raise and lower
I sort of figured out my problem with raising and lower my mower deck. Your 3 point arms have to be able to go up and down . With nothing attached to my 3 point the mower deck raises and lowers with the hydraulic lever. When I attach my humbolt bagger system the 3 point arms hold the frame of the bagger system and it held in place by bracket and pin. This stops the 3 point from being able to go up and down, that causes the mower deck also not to be able to go up and down, so the only way to raise and lower with the bagger on is to use the mower cut height adjustment knob the black one between your legs. You have to turn knob with one hand and pull and raise with the other, kind of a pain as you know the deck is not light. I was reading the manual on my mower deck and there is a linkage adjustment you have to do before you put on your mower. Dealer said they did it but I checked it and it was off. It says to to lift your linkage to the highest postion with your hyd lever. Turn off tractor, check the clearance between the stop pin. The clearance on the left side should be 5-7 mm (0.2-0.3 in) and on the right 0-2 mm (0-1 in) before the linkage bar hits the stop pin. You only have to make this adjustment once. One other thing I found out when I attach my power take off for the my bagger system. You have to rotate the pto cover, its held in place by four 10mm bolts. When I use my bagger system or any other rear pto implament you rotate horizantal and tighten all four bolts. But when I have the back hoe on the 3 point arms won't go far enough back to leave room for the back hoe. So you remove the 2 outside bolts rotate the pto cover slighlty vertical. This gives you room to store the arms and secure with bungee cord. I just screw and tighten the 2 bolts I removed back in the hole so there i don't loose them. Live and learn. Also I had to loosen and rotate my red hydraulic line to the back hoe. When I would rotate the pto cover it would cut the line and stop the cover from rotating. The dealer is sending me a new red hydraulic line. I pointed hyd line down at the connection on the tractor, it was coming strait out and in a very bad poistion, I would check yours.....Thanks for reading Ray........

Attachments

• IMGP3432.jpg
    IMGP3432.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 893
   / Gc2410tlb mmm raise and lower #7  
Nice an' shiny! I could have told you about the PTO cover thing... don't know about yours, but mine is REALLY tight- have to use a pry bar to swing it down, even with bolts loosened. May have to do a bit of creative bending...:rolleyes:

Tried my mower for the first time today-- I'll start a thread on it, but nothing short of amazing, in my opinion!

Glad to see you got it figured out; it's unfortunate that the bagger prevents proper lift & drop of 3PH for mower use. Do you see any way around the bagger's (current) mounting set-up?

/ Gc2410tlb mmm raise and lower #8  
Very nice machine!:cool: That trailer makes a perfect pair.

/ Gc2410tlb mmm raise and lower #9  
Oh, yeah, rayban-- you might have figured it out, but that's a misprint in the manual-- supposed to be 0- 1/10" (.1), not 1". Guess they left out the decimal point. I just went through the same procedure today. Who made your bagger?

/ Gc2410tlb mmm raise and lower #10  
Rayban1 - very nice looking machine, and ditto on the trailer kudos, too.

Have you thought about getting tie down straps instead of wrestling with the chain? IMHO, the straps are much easier to use and won't scratch the machine (there are many other ways that will happen in due time).

Jay