MF30 Ind 3pt won't raise

/ MF30 Ind 3pt won't raise #1  

crland

Tractor
MF 30 Ind. Gas
My 3pt would raise before w/o a load. I put a brush hog on yesterday, and it wouldn't lift it. It tried, but couldn't do it. I took the right side plate off to take a look as the MF dealer recommended. Didn't see anything wrong. I can see that my raise/lower lever actuates a mechanism in there. I pulled the stand pipe up out of the top cover, and didn't notice anything there either. I put it all back together and added oil to the full level, but now the thing won't raise at all. I can pick up the 3pt arms manually, but it doesn't even seem like there is any pressure there. I also started the engine and ran it with the cover open and didn't see anything wrong. Ran it with the stand pipe vent screw open, but no oil flowed out. It's like there is no pressure or flow anymore. What did I do to make it quit functioning all together, and what could cause it to not have enough pressure to lift when it has weight on it?

/ MF30 Ind 3pt won't raise
I let it sit for a bit and it started working like it did before. Still not enough power to lift the brush hog.

/ MF30 Ind 3pt won't raise #3  
I am not to familiar with your model but my 1431 has a filter in the bottom of the gear case that had some kind of gunk on it and I had all kinds of hydraulic problems. It required draining the entire system to check and replace. See my other post regarding this.

/ MF30 Ind 3pt won't raise #4  
Simple thing that confounded me for awhile: The lever that controls the 3 pt sheared the little pin. There was enough corrosion that it would move the shaft a little bit & had friction so it felt like it was "normal" but it wasn't.

Couldn't believe I didn't figure it out faster but this was in the winter time when I was plowing snow and I didn't take my time. :rolleyes:

J

/ MF30 Ind 3pt won't raise #5  
I also had one of my couplers for the loader not seat all the way and my 3 pt would not work.

/ MF30 Ind 3pt won't raise #6  
did you get it to work and if so what did you do to it