Should my MF 245 tph have down pressure?

/ Should my MF 245 tph have down pressure? #1  

stump

Hi all:
I bought an MF 245 this spring. I recently bought a rear blade for it and can't seem to get any down pressure on the three point hitch. Is this normal? If not, how do I activate/control down pressure? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Zach

/ Should my MF 245 tph have down pressure? #2  
Hi all:
I bought an MF 245 this spring. I recently bought a rear blade for it and can't seem to get any down pressure on the three point hitch. Is this normal? If not, how do I activate/control down pressure? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Zach

You're not getting any down pressure because of the fact that it doesn't have down pressure. VERY few tractors ever have had that. I know of a couple industrial tractors with down pressure, but not any "ag tractors". They rely on the weight of the implement for any "down pressure".

/ Should my MF 245 tph have down pressure? #3  
Hi all:
Thanks in advance,
Zach
He's rite 3 points do not have down pressure.

/ Should my MF 245 tph have down pressure? #4  
Hi all:
Thanks in advance,
Zach

We need pictures! :)

/ Should my MF 245 tph have down pressure? #5  
You can hang front end weights on top of the blade for down pressure or add other types of weight to the blade frame.

/ Should my MF 245 tph have down pressure? #6  
Getting the correct angle on the blade will cause it to cut and dig in, you will get all the down pressure you can handle by extending the top link and tilting the blade to dig.

/ Should my MF 245 tph have down pressure?
Thanks a lot guys:

I have never had much to do with tractors and this is my first one. I guess the TPH works just fine. I appreciate your replies.

Cheers.
Stump