MF 65 Seized Rear Wheel

/ MF 65 Seized Rear Wheel #1  

MichMan

Tractor
1987 JD 750 4WD
This MF has been sitting outside for 2 years now. The motor was covered and it turns over fine. The left rear wheel will not turn when jacked up. It turns just a little. Anyone have any idea where to start? Serge.

/ MF 65 Seized Rear Wheel #2  
My bet is the brakes are frozen.

/ MF 65 Seized Rear Wheel #3  
Stuck brake....First I'd try pulling it a few feet (with another tractor or a truck???) If that doesn't break 'er loose, next step is penetrating oil. You'll find it darn near impossible to remove the brake drum while it's stuck. Also, I've "un-stuck a couple with more drastic means. Use some sort of large "punch" (ie a steel rod, ect) against some part of the rim/wheel assemble and hit (in direction of rotation) with a BIG hammer to shock it loose.

/ MF 65 Seized Rear Wheel
Thanks guys. I have tried pulling it backwards several times, but can't pop it loose. Next step-pry bar.

/ MF 65 Seized Rear Wheel
The pry bar did not work. I think I got much more "breaking" ability by jerking the whole thing with my JD. Must of bounced it hard about 2 dozen times. With those big lug tires on the Massey biting the ground, you'd think she would bust loose. The problem is I have this MF sold if I can pull it onto the trailer. Think I'll try to spray some PB in there and see what happens in a couple days.