Farmwithjunk or anyone else question about loader MF 65--need answer today!!

/ Farmwithjunk or anyone else question about loader MF 65--need answer today!! #1  

SilverbackMP

Tommorrow, there is a Massey dealership that is having a going out of business auction about two hours away. They have NOS Great Bend Loaders model 330 and a 360; one of these has no mounts and one has mounts for MF 175. Would MF 175 mounts be easily adaptable for MF 65 (my tractor)--i.e. simpley drilling new holes in the mounting brackets?

They also have a New Westendorf TA26 loader (with no mounts--I believe they are around $1,000 new) that the Westendorf website says is compatible with Massey 65 WITH front weight brackets (of which mine does not have and google is not turning much up).

My other courses of action for getting a loader include 1) The local massey dealer has a used Westendorf TL21 with mounts that will work for $3000.00. 2) A business in South Missouri that specializes in old loaders has several Massey OEM loaders that will work, the Quick Detach models are $3200 and the nondetachable models (mounts under the fenders) are priced at $1800.00.

The loader folks in South Missouri recommend a MF loader and a front pump ran off of the crank shaft. I had been planning to get a PTO Pump and mount a reservoir under the floor board (old gas/oxygen bottle?). If I were to go with a MF loader, I understand that the reservoir is in the body of the loader?

I would like to install at least 1 more valve for an add-a-grapple. It would also be nice to be able to plumb several of these to the back for implements.

Any suggestions or advice? I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Silverback

/ Farmwithjunk or anyone else question about loader MF 65--need answer today!! #2  
Tommorrow, there is a Massey dealership that is having a going out of business auction about two hours away. They have NOS Great Bend Loaders model 330 and a 360; one of these has no mounts and one has mounts for MF 175. Would MF 175 mounts be easily adaptable for MF 65 (my tractor)--i.e. simpley drilling new holes in the mounting brackets?

They also have a New Westendorf TA26 loader (with no mounts--I believe they are around $1,000 new) that the Westendorf website says is compatible with Massey 65 WITH front weight brackets (of which mine does not have and google is not turning much up).

My other courses of action for getting a loader include 1) The local massey dealer has a used Westendorf TL21 with mounts that will work for $3000.00. 2) A business in South Missouri that specializes in old loaders has several Massey OEM loaders that will work, the Quick Detach models are $3200 and the nondetachable models (mounts under the fenders) are priced at $1800.00.

The loader folks in South Missouri recommend a MF loader and a front pump ran off of the crank shaft. I had been planning to get a PTO Pump and mount a reservoir under the floor board (old gas/oxygen bottle?). If I were to go with a MF loader, I understand that the reservoir is in the body of the loader?

I would like to install at least 1 more valve for an add-a-grapple. It would also be nice to be able to plumb several of these to the back for implements.

Any suggestions or advice? I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Silverback

Ya got a welder or a weld shop nearby. Not a big deal to weld up an adapter for that FEL. Just a matter of a few $$. If the prices on those FELs are decent, I'd buy the FEL and figure out how to mount it later.

Here's some info on those Great Bend loaders

Lake County International

Looks like the 330 and 360 are in the right hp range for the MF65.

And here's stuff on the Westendorf, which also looks to be the right size.

Iowa Farm Equipment -- Westendorf TA-26 Loader

/ Farmwithjunk or anyone else question about loader MF 65--need answer today!!
Flusher, thanks for the suggestions.

I ended up not going to the auction. I drove down to South Missouri instead to visit the implement dealer that kind of specializes in used loaders. He had three loaders of interest. The first was a Bobcat T3000 (5' bucket, single cylinder curl) of which I cannot find any reference on the net--the closest match was a "Freeman by Bobcat" and that only had one thread and 3 posts on YT. The posts on YT was concerning several folks looking for cylinder seals (and not finding any). I am concerned about the same thing. However this loader has everything I need. It comes with a front stinger pump, a built in reservoir on the side, 2 spool valve, hydraulic lines, etc. The best thing is the price--$1850. I would try to talk them into exchanging the 2 spool valve for a used three or four valve if the have one.

The other loaders that I'm interested in is are a pair of MF 236s. One is quick detach and one is not. The QD loader is $3600--not sure on the non QD loader. However, they do not come with any valves, stinger pumps, and I'm unsure how the reservoir worked on these. The price seems a little high to me, however, they look like beefier loaders and I believe parts are still available.

Thoughts?

/ Farmwithjunk or anyone else question about loader MF 65--need answer today!! #4  
Nice to hear. Some of those freeman loaders we actually put on by MF dealers.

Good luck, and post a pic of what you buy.

Will

Flusher, thanks for the suggestions.

I ended up not going to the auction. I drove down to South Missouri instead to visit the implement dealer that kind of specializes in used loaders. He had three loaders of interest. The first was a Bobcat T3000 (5' bucket, single cylinder curl) of which I cannot find any reference on the net--the closest match was a "Freeman by Bobcat" and that only had one thread and 3 posts on YT. The posts on YT was concerning several folks looking for cylinder seals (and not finding any). I am concerned about the same thing. However this loader has everything I need. It comes with a front stinger pump, a built in reservoir on the side, 2 spool valve, hydraulic lines, etc. The best thing is the price--$1850. I would try to talk them into exchanging the 2 spool valve for a used three or four valve if the have one.

The other loaders that I'm interested in is are a pair of MF 236s. One is quick detach and one is not. The QD loader is $3600--not sure on the non QD loader. However, they do not come with any valves, stinger pumps, and I'm unsure how the reservoir worked on these. The price seems a little high to me, however, they look like beefier loaders and I believe parts are still available.

Thoughts?