Tractor
    Ferguson TEA-20

Default Help Identifying my Ferguson Tractor

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum so please be gentle!

I have bought my first tractor 'A little grey Fergie' and I think it's a TE-20 or a TEA-20 I'm not sure which as the ID plate is missing

I have shown a few people some photos and from little tell-tails they tell me it's an early model, what I was wondering was could anyone out there tell me if there are any numbers I should be looking for and where I would find them so I can find out for sure?

Hope you can help

Colin...

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Massey 1655 Ford 1700 2cyl, Ford 1600 2cyl Massey 135 3cyl gas

Default Re: Help Identifying my Ferguson Tractor

I would start by posting a few good quality pictures of it. The guys here are pretty knowledgeable on identifying the tractors. Good Luck! TB

Tractor
    Ferguson TEA-20

Hi again,

Thanks for the advice 'Texas blues' I've taken a few photos to let those that know have a look at the old girl.

Plus one of the photos is of a number I found on the engine, is this enough info. To find out what it's serial number is?

Look forward to your input.

Colin...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help Identifying my Ferguson Tractor-img_1411-jpg   Help Identifying my Ferguson Tractor-img_1400-jpg   Help Identifying my Ferguson Tractor-img_1406-jpg   Help Identifying my Ferguson Tractor-img_1409-jpg   Help Identifying my Ferguson Tractor-img_1402-jpg  

Help Identifying my Ferguson Tractor-img_1403-jpg   Help Identifying my Ferguson Tractor-img_1404-jpg   Help Identifying my Ferguson Tractor-img_1405-jpg  

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Massey 1655 Ford 1700 2cyl, Ford 1600 2cyl Massey 135 3cyl gas

Man, its hard to tell, it looks dang close to either model, heres a couple of pics I found on the net of both models. Someone else needs to help clarify this. Good Luck TB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help Identifying my Ferguson Tractor-tea20-jpg   Help Identifying my Ferguson Tractor-ferguson-20te20-20continental-20-jpg  

Tractor
    ferguson to 30

Your tractor is definetly a Ferguson TEA-20 built in 1948.

Tractor
    Ferguson TEA-20

Thanks you guys, I had an idea that it was about that old or though I thought it was a little older.
    Now all I need to do is find out what it's serial number is so that once I've finished restoring her I can put her on the road!

Thanks again
    Colin...