MF 100 series tractor id

/ MF 100 series tractor id #1  

tsobecki

New member, but have been following some of the threads. I have a question y'all might be able to help me with.

I recently acquired what I thought was an MF135 ag. tractor with an MF200 loader. However, the shop I do business with thinks it may be a model 40 industrial tractor. They had some trouble tracking down exactly which, and I am having trouble tracking down which it is also. Trying to pick up some manuals, but not sure which ones to get. MF135, MF150, Industial 40, Industrial 2135, etc. :confused:

I'll post some pics shortly, but as Joe Friday said, here are the "facts" as near as I know 'em:

1. Serial number on plate to left and below steering column is 9A28022. This says it is a 1967 MF135 by my research, but could also be a MF150 according to the serial number lists at tractorbynet.com. Tractor has ~ 81 inch wheelbase, which is more in line with MF150 from what I can find, the 135 is more on the order of 71 or 72 inches I think.

2. Tractor was yellow, but has been painted red over the original yellow (or at least at one time yellow) - this speaks an industrial MF? Any original cowl/hood markings have long since dissappeared.

3. Has 3 cyl Perkins diesel, serial number 152UA30935D, and two-range three speed gear box (i.e. 6 forward, two reverse gears total). Has differential lock, rear PTO , and cat 1 three point hitch.

4. Has MF200 front end loader, serial number 1140216652.

5. Has squared off fenders that come over the top of the tires, not just the little rounded ones. These could be post-manufacture, however, as they appear to be affixed to the smaller rounded ones. Tractor has what appears to be after-market cab & work lights.

6. Tractor was originally purchased new through a dealership in Canada and has Quebec license plate on it (I live in New Hampshire, so that may not be too odd, and I bought it from a lady across the river in Vermont). The serial number plate seems to indicate in was U. S. made, however.

8. Runs & works like I horse, I love it. Use it for grading, digging out stumps, lifting stuff up into the barn, snow removal, etc. My eventual plan is to repaint and refurbish (not necessarily complete restoration). It's in good working order, paint a little weathered, and a few dings to be repaired.

With the range of expertise and experience I've seen in this forum, I thought someone may be able to help me more accurately identify my machine.

Will post some pictures.

Thanks.

/ MF 100 series tractor id #2  
I look forward to seeing the pictures. TB