Snow snow chains for a gc2300

/ snow chains for a gc2300 #1  

massey driver

Gold Member
Tractor
massey 175,1655 BX 2370-1
been wondering what its like to use this tractor without chains to blow snow with.Always have had chains on any other tractor that I've used so kinda curious what its like or should I go and invest in a set.I use my big tractor massey 175 without chains to plow snow and at times have wished for chains especially if its a heavy wet snow.However being where Iam its very seldom that happens.It's usually -15c to-30 when I plough or blow snow so the slipping isn't that common.I'd rather blow the snow as that way I don't have to many piles around,plus its easier to get close to the house and garage etc; guess I'll have to wait and see what its like once it snows and I get some seat time.Just thought I'd ask others for there input.Thanks again as alway Larry.

/ snow chains for a gc2300 #2  
I have never seen the need for chains with my 2300 either using the loader or with the front mounted blower, I have ag tires, by the way, the rear tires are really close to all the stuff inside. That would be my concern on keeping chains tight to avoid damage to internals to the tractor.
I do plow/blow snow up to 4ft deep thru hard drifts, blower only now since I am sold on it.

/ snow chains for a gc2300
I was looking at that as well and was thinking that there's not that much clearance between the inside of the tires and stuff.I always have my chains on tight and use tightners on them.I've seen to many tractors that people have used chains on and things have gotten badly smashed and bent and broken so I'd never put chains on without having some kinda tightening system in place.So guess what I'll do is try it without chains and take it from there.As always Larry.

/ snow chains for a gc2300 #4  
Larry, I bought a set of chains when I got my 2310 & front blower; it came with turf tires so I had my doubts.... but have never need them. They're still shiny new in their box.:D

I leave the BH on for weight in the rear, which I'm sure helps with traction. Perhaps you can see the slope of my driveway as it winds around the side of the garage... it gets steeper (by quite a margin) as it goes up.

The only trouble I've had was with the front getting very light, and steering becoming unresponsive, going uphill- so I just stay in the middle on the way up, then do the rest going downhill, backing up the drive bewteen runs. Two additional downhill passes and it's done.:D:D

Attachments

• storm 1:27:09-1.JPG
    storm 1:27:09-1.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 179
   / snow chains for a gc2300
I'll give it a try and see what its like.I don't really have any hills or slopes except if I blow snow to far over the edge of the ditch then I'll have trouble.I try to blow the snow as far away and over the edge as possible as we get lots of blowing snow and drifting so thats why I do that.Been stuck pretty good a few times over the years but my old truck has no problems pulling things out.Haven't had to worry about any snow yet this year as for some reason mother nature has kept things pretty nice here for this time of the year.As always Larry

/ snow chains for a gc2300 #6  
I have a steep driveway and rarely had traction problems blowing snow (even up a slippery, paved, iced-over, 12% grade) driveway. Occasionally I had to step on the rear locker (4wd already engaged) but very little slippage with the AG tires. Worst case, I had to lift the blower up a little to regain traction (puts the weight of the blower on the front axle).

DEWFPO