Today is the day!

/ Today is the day! #1  

Live Free Or Die

Tractor
MF GC 2610 TLB
Hello.

Thanks in a large part to the folks (your information /discussions help many a lurker) on this site my new tractor is going to be delivered today.

I decided on a GC 2610 with the 2360 blower and 2325 mower deck. Considered a Deere and Kubota too but had heard good things about the MF dealer, who is just 15 miles away. I will say that it was a brutal decision as all three dealerships are local and seemed like great guys. They all offered a test / play ride and since I do not really know what I want or need in a tractor they showed great patience and answered all my questions. Price was comparable and all offered the 0% financing but, as embarrassing as it may sound, I just like the Massey. The wife told me that "This is it. Buy the one you want". So I did!

Anyway, thanks for all the information.

/ Today is the day! #2  
Congratulations on your purchase! The time will go slowly until you are playing / working with it. Did you buy it from Northwood Power? I really like the GC series too, and know that you will be happy with it.

/ Today is the day! #3  
Welcome to TBN neighbor.

Congrats on fine..fine investment,and do jump right in anytime and share w/us all. :)

/ Today is the day! #4  
Congrats
Hello.

Thanks in a large part to the folks (your information /discussions help many a lurker) on this site my new tractor is going to be delivered today.

I decided on a GC 2610 with the 2360 blower and 2325 mower deck. Considered a Deere and Kubota too but had heard good things about the MF dealer, who is just 15 miles away. I will say that it was a brutal decision as all three dealerships are local and seemed like great guys. They all offered a test / play ride and since I do not really know what I want or need in a tractor they showed great patience and answered all my questions. Price was comparable and all offered the 0% financing but, as embarrassing as it may sound, I just like the Massey. The wife told me that "This is it. Buy the one you want". So I did!

Anyway, thanks for all the information.

/ Today is the day!
Thanks. This thing is too much fun.

Yes, I got it from Northwood Power and they were great to deal with. The tractor came with the bucket up and the snowblower attached so I got to see everything come off once (by my request). We then put the snowblower back on. Much, much easier than my old Simplicitys. I only hope it lasts as long.

My only problem is the height of my garage door. I think I measured a fixed GC 2600's ROPS instead of a folding GC 2610's. It is not a big deal, only took a few minutes to fold down and, more importantly, I noticed before I did any damage.

Hope the Boss lets me play a little tomorrow before we go to the folks for dinner. Happy Thanksgiving.

/ Today is the day! #6  
Enjoy it. Purchased mine from Northwood Power in July.

/ Today is the day! #7  
Welcome, congratulations....

I think you made a good choice. I've found that my 2310 with that blower and that mower are pretty darned impressive. Both tools saved me GOBS of time on snow removal and lawn mowing, and make each job --well, at least if not "fun"-- much more satisfying.

No longer feel like I'm tied to the walk-behind blower in the winter and the push mower in the summer for numerous hours at a time!:D:D

/ Today is the day!
The snow we got last night was just a tease (about 4 inches of wet stuff around here) but at least I got to try out the 2360 blower. Still trying to get use to the girth and length of the tractor so I am glad I got the front mount unit. Seems like it has plenty of power and can not wait to see what distance I get with a real storm.

I left the backhoe on ... is that an issue or should I take it off?

Think snow!

/ Today is the day! #9  
Congrats on a great decision all around.

I drove by Northwood a couple weeks ago, but didn't have the time to stop. It looked like they have an impressive selection in stock - and they sure have lots of satisfied customers on TBN.

We only got 2-3" of snow, but I was able to get out and use the snow blower to clear the driveway before it would have melted on its own. :rolleyes:

irvingj is right - I actually look forward to snow storms. Well, at least the clearing the driveway part.

BTW - pictures of red tractors and projects involving red tractors are always welcomed and appreciated.

:D

Jay