Snow 2360 snow blower opening height

/ 2360 snow blower opening height #11  
tsteahr- I'll second what's already been said... that blower on the 2310 is amazing, a quantum leap from my 8hp Toro walk-behind. With dry snow, 50'+ is not unusual; with really wet snow (wet snow followed by rain), mine will drop back to about 30', though I have to go more slowly. I can deal with that!!:D

I was even able to attack high (4'), icy road plow build-up at the top of my driveway by raising to full height, going in slowly, backing up, lowering blower, going back in... I was able to remove the pile right down to the ground that way. Also helped a couple of neighbors remove their vision-obstructing, end-of-driveway piles in the same fashion.:D:D

To quote a recent ad campign, "You're gonna love it!"

/ 2360 snow blower opening height
I was even able to attack high (4'), icy road plow build-up at the top of my driveway by raising to full height, going in slowly, backing up, lowering blower, going back in...

That is a big difference. With the lawn tractor the manual lift raises the blower up about 3 inches off the ground. It would be a big help if the 2360 can be lifted up higher for a brief period (so long as that does not put a excessive angle on the drive shaft).

With the 20" of snow I got my lawn tractor was nearly overwhelmed. The GC is a much bigger machine and I suspect it will be far more capable in similar conditions.

/ 2360 snow blower opening height #13  
Before I bought my 2310tlb I had been using a Sears garden tractor first with a front blade and eventually with the snowthrower. My neighbor had the lawn tractor and the heavier garden tractor did a much better and faster job removing snow. With the fabric cab it made life good. Unfortunately a couple years ago while throwing snow with a packed auger I was manually lifting the thrower, moving forward and hit something. I tore something in my shoulder and had a good excuse to buy the 2310:). After a few months of using it for projects I wish I had bought one years ago. It is a quantum leap over the lawn tractor and you won't believe what a snow monster it is.

/ 2360 snow blower opening height #14  
When I clear my neighbors gravel drive I need one hand for steering, one hand for speed control and a third hand for holding onto the manual lift lever so I don't suck up gravel. After 90 minutes my arm is ready to fall off. That blower is not light when you have to keep it off the ground.

With the GC it will be foot control for speed, one hand for PS and one hand for hyd lift height. It will be heaven. I can't even conceive what it would be like to have a heated cab. That would be cheating. :D

I seem to remember that with my garden tractor I could raise the thrower, crank up the mower height knob then lower the thrower onto the new setting to keep it from digging into the gravel. I also made some 3" wide skis on the adjustment feet to keep it from digging in as much when soft. I still wish I had another hand when also adjust chute direction and deflection. I have thought about moving the switches to on or near the joystick but haven't jumped into that project yet.

/ 2360 snow blower opening height #15  
tsteahr- I don't mean to mislead you, there is a limit to how high the 2360 blower will lift -- about a foot off the ground, perhaps a bit less.

But that puts the top edge of the blower nearly 3' off the ground, and with the power available, my 2310 has no problem chewing its way into the snow bank or pile, 3" thick, crusty, icy layers not withstanding.

After you'e gone in a few feet, the top will collapse and "eagerly enter the gaping maw of the 2360, to be blown into oblivion" (yee haw!!)....

Well, OK, I've been reading too many mystery novels!:eek: But you get the idea!:D

Just be sure to tell your wife that this is really work!:D:D Have a merry!