Snow 2360 snow blower opening height

/ 2360 snow blower opening height #1  

tsteahr

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2410tlb w/ R1 and Rimguard
Hello, Can anyone tell me the opening height of the 50" blower?

I have one on order but unfortunately it has not arrived yet. I had to clear 20+ inches of snow with my lawn tractor and the 36" single stage blower. That blower opening is only 18" high. It is a real PITA to clear snow that is deeper then the blower is tall. Drive forward a few feet, reverse, clean up the overrun, then do a few more feet. It took hours to clear my drive. Normally it takes about 30 minutes if I can keep moving.

In any case I sincerely hope the opening of the 2360 is quite a bit taller. I'm hoping somewhere between 26-30"?

Thanks

/ 2360 snow blower opening height #2  
I don't know the specs on the 2360 Blower but my 50" blower has a cutting height of 25". Even if the snow does get too deep, you can drive on through and make a second pass. It's more like play than work. :)

/ 2360 snow blower opening height
Thanks for the info Steve.

25" would have been enough. Even if the snow was a little over the top of that, with mfwd there would be less worry about getting stuck. With my 2wd lawn tractor I had to be careful even with wheel weights, chains and a additional 140lbs hung off the back of the grass catcher frame.

The largest single snowfall in 20 years and my blower is a week late. Oh well, it would have been fun with the GC...

/ 2360 snow blower opening height #4  
You're going to love your blower when you get it. It is so much more powerful than your lawn tractor and with the power steering and hyd lift much less work to use. You'll be amazed at how far it will throw snow and being able to power down you can take off more hardpack than ever before. If throwing slush I suggest removing the wire guard in the chute to help prevent clogging and ease manual removal of clogs. It's not as easy to get in tight places as the lawn tractor but really cleans out the open spaces. Once I have a good base I float it and let it work.

You're going to love your blower when you get it. It is so much more powerful than your lawn tractor and with the power steering and hyd lift much less work to use. You'll be amazed at how far it will throw snow and being able to power down you can take off more hardpack than ever before. If throwing slush I suggest removing the wire guard in the chute to help prevent clogging and ease manual removal of clogs. It's not as easy to get in tight places as the lawn tractor but really cleans out the open spaces. Once I have a good base I float it and let it work.

Good tips. I will remember removing the wire when blowing slush. I am so looking forward to hyd lift with the PS. My lawn tractor has a hand lever for speed control. When I clear my neighbors gravel drive I need one hand for steering, one hand for speed control and a third hand for holding onto the manual lift lever so I don't suck up gravel. After 90 minutes my arm is ready to fall off. That blower is not light when you have to keep it off the ground.

With the GC it will be foot control for speed, one hand for PS and one hand for hyd lift height. It will be heaven. I can't even conceive what it would be like to have a heated cab. That would be cheating. :D

/ 2360 snow blower opening height #6  
The spec sheet states the cutting height of the 2360 is 19.1 inches, my measuring tape agrees with this.

/ 2360 snow blower opening height #7  

I'll second all of this! I have used mine in two snow storms so far, one that was a good 14", and another that was 6-8" or so, followed by rain. Did a great job in both. I only ran into issues when I was cleaning up the second one in pouring rain, and at the end of the driveway where the plow had pushed pure slush/water mix I had the chute clog up. **** wire guard made getting the clog freed up a royal pain. I have since removed the guard to prevent clogging as easy and make it easier to clean out.

Word to the wise, shut the tractor off before cleaning clogs. Yes, I know you can disconnect the PTO. But freak stuff can happen. Following a lock-out/tag-out mental process can save a finger or two, or with this blower an arm or limb. I had a close call with a walk behind unit where the mechanism that engaged the auger had frozen over. Was cleaning off the unit with it idling and did not realize the auger was still slowly turning while the flywheel was still whipping fast. Was knocking snow off the chute and my fingers grazed the rotating flywheel portion. Never been so scared in my life, pulled off my glove and had three swollen and bruised fingers, but they were all still attached.

So....just advise. Always shut off the equipment, remove any chance as slim as it may be of having personal body harm or worse happen.

Scott. Wow. Lucky! Thanks for the tips. I agree 100% on the lockout tagout approach. Once you take this approach as a matter of routine the peach of mind is well worth the extra few moments. General situational awareness is also essential. Keeping your head focused on the task. I find when my mind wanders off what I am doing is when I am at the greatest risk. I try to always think about the what-if's, always look for the potential problems to try to prevent them from happening. Much easier than dealing with consequences.

About the 19-20 inch height. That seems to be the common opening. I looked at the specs of the large frame Simplicity walk behinds and they are also just under 20 in.

Jaylegger - Thanks for looking up the manual and verifying the number. In all honesty It shouldn't be a issue. It is very rare in my area to get single storms in excess of 20 inches.

/ 2360 snow blower opening height #9  
Word to the wise, shut the tractor off before cleaning clogs. Yes, I know you can disconnect the PTO. But freak stuff can happen. Following a lock-out/tag-out mental process can save a finger or two, or with this blower an arm or limb. I had a close call with a walk behind unit where the mechanism that engaged the auger had frozen over. Was cleaning off the unit with it idling and did not realize the auger was still slowly turning while the flywheel was still whipping fast. Was knocking snow off the chute and my fingers grazed the rotating flywheel portion. Never been so scared in my life, pulled off my glove and had three swollen and bruised fingers, but they were all still attached.

A manager that I worked with wasn't so lucky. He has a front mount snowblower on his riding mower / garden tractor. The chute clogged on his, and he disengaged the blower, but didn't shut the tractor off. He had his hand in the chute when the lever to engage the blower vibrated into the engaged position. He lost half his thumb, and varying amounts of three fingers. Still, he is lucky that he didn't have his whole hand in there, since I don't think the blower would have cared.

/ 2360 snow blower opening height #10  
Ugh...that's horrible.

I still recall it like yesterday. Not only was it fairly painful throbbing, but my stomach clenched right up at the thought of just how close I came to being "disabled", and how it would effect my ability to function in life, not to mention my career since I am a design engineer and work on computers and am hands on with fabrication and such. Was a really big wake up call for me, and all along i was thinking "I know better than to do that, why did I just do that???".

A manager that I worked with wasn't so lucky. He has a front mount snowblower on his riding mower / garden tractor. The chute clogged on his, and he disengaged the blower, but didn't shut the tractor off. He had his hand in the chute when the lever to engage the blower vibrated into the engaged position. He lost half his thumb, and varying amounts of three fingers. Still, he is lucky that he didn't have his whole hand in there, since I don't think the blower would have cared.