Snow snow blade in GC2300/GC2310 bucket?

/ snow blade in GC2300/GC2310 bucket? #1  

FredWalter

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 5300, Gravely 8163G, BCS735, etc
A local store is having a sale on ATV snowblades.

Has anyone attached an inexpensive 5' ATV snowblade to the bucket on their GC2300/GC2310? How well does it work?

I'm wondering if the sideways pressure on the loader arms, when pushing snow, might over time bend them.

/ snow blade in GC2300/GC2310 bucket? #2  
I would not attach a plow to the 2300 series bucket. Unless you build an elaborate framework, I think it would be too easily damaged.

Yes, you can damage the loader arms by attaching a plow to them. That being said, I have done so, with a 72" plow. After 3 seasons of plowing 300+ feet of driveway, I have not suffered any damage.

The fact is you can damage your tractor doing just about anything, if you do not use caution. A properly designed system, with springs, and some ability to rotate a few degrees, on the center axis. (Just leaving some slop at the attachment point(s), so that if the plow is not level when down, it will not overload one side, can work).

Start your inquiries here by using the search function. You will find info on this. Including photo's on how I made mine, and how others have done it.

/ snow blade in GC2300/GC2310 bucket? #3  
We have an 2005 GC2310. I use the FEL to plow and move snow on our driveway....about 200 feet. I made a removable edge for the bucket, so I don't wear out the factory edge. The nice thing about the using the FEL - you can dump the excess ice and snow. We have the bar tires. It really does good with wet heavy snow.

/ snow blade in GC2300/GC2310 bucket? #4  
I made a mount to attach a polaris atv plow to my bucket it works great, I bolted the atv mount to a section of unistrut with is the length of the inside of the bucket, this hooks on the bucket a few ratchet straps hold it all in place, i would not think a Atv plow is heavy enough to damage anything, i think the plow or a strap would bust before I do any harm to the tractor

/ snow blade in GC2300/GC2310 bucket? #5  
I agree with Ray, I have a backblade for dragging or pushing up against a pile. I use the bucket for piling where need be.

You often have to get up a head of steam if the snow is deep or heavy, all you have to hit is one snag while pushing with the bucket, and it will shake your teeth lose and give you a sick feeling when you think of what you just did to your tractor.

20131212_111237.jpg

/ snow blade in GC2300/GC2310 bucket? #6  
Your replying to a thread that's 4 years old. I would guess the OP has already found a solution.

/ snow blade in GC2300/GC2310 bucket? #7  
I made a mount to attach a polaris atv plow to my bucket it works great, I bolted the atv mount to a section of unistrut with is the length of the inside of the bucket, this hooks on the bucket a few ratchet straps hold it all in place, i would not think a Atv plow is heavy enough to damage anything, i think the plow or a strap would bust before I do any harm to the tractor

I know this is a really old thread, but it would be awesome if you had some pictures of how you did this. I have a Polaris plow left over and I'd like to see if could do something similar.

Thanks,

Eric

/ snow blade in GC2300/GC2310 bucket? #8  
Your replying to a thread that's 4 years old. I would guess the OP has already found a solution.

The bucket size is the same today as it was years ago.

The tractors are named GC1700 series instead of GC2300 or GC2400 or GC2600 series.

The 22.5 and 25 hp diesel engines and frames arecquite similar today to the GC2300 series but the DL95 loader is new and offers good rigidity.

For good or bad . . We still plow snow here in Western WI in the winter months.

/ snow blade in GC2300/GC2310 bucket? #9  
I have a curtis snow blade for my 2310....replaces the bucket on FEL....works good...made for it...expensive but came with my used tractor....not as easy to switch out as I would like....but OK. I sometimes wish I had the bucket to dump heavy wet snow in a higher pile....the snow blade is limited, but angles nicely to push snow when it is not too deep or heavy. I have ag tires and bought stud kits for the front and find it essential on icy plowing conditions.