Oil & Fuel MF165 fuel pump leak

/ MF165 fuel pump leak #1  

JHR MF CUMBRIA UK

Hi there, my MF165 is leaking diesel from the bleed screw on the CAV fuel pump. Does anyone have any ideas of the cause and how to fix it?
Also the screw wont tighten up and just keeps turning. it is NOT cross threaded.

Thanks ina advance,
James

/ MF165 fuel pump leak #2  
G'day james and welcome to TBN i hope you are referring to the small 5/16" head bleed screw that is in the side of the pump not the larger one that it screw into as it sounds like the thread is stripped either on the bolt or in the fitting these are easy enough to by from any place that does inj/pump repairs or if you know of any dead ones around they simply unscrew from the body of the pump just be careful when you fit up the new one as it is going into an alloy body and i have seen people strip that body and then it becomes expensive:eek:. You should be able to find one laying around somewhere as they are the same units on 3/4/5/6/8 cyl pumps so there must be millions of them out there good luck and have a happy and safe holidays

Jon

/ MF165 fuel pump leak
thanks 4 help. after closer inpection in light it is the threads on the pump. Animalised thanks 2 previous owner. PTFE tape has solved it for now