lookin for cabs

/ lookin for cabs #1  

roland721

I have a 1531 that i use for snow removal. curious if anyone had any ideas on what cabs are out there for it. I have been lookin at the curtis cabs but would like a better pic of what it is like and how and where it all mounts. not sure what other cabs are out there for this model. thanks for all the help and pics would be great..

/ lookin for cabs
thanks for the info.. i looked at their website and they only make it for a 1528. i dont know the differnce between the two except i dont think the 1528 is hydro where as my 1531 is..

/ lookin for cabs #4  
I have a 1428v with a Curtis cab on it. It has heat, wiper, soft side doors,rear curtain and cab lights front and rear. Most likely the same cab will fit yours. Not sure on price as this tractor was my dad's. Based on the quality of the cab, I would venture a guess he paid 2500-3000 for the cab.

/ lookin for cabs
i have been lookin at the curtis cabs. r they really worth that much for just having soft doors and soft rear. also i was wonderin how much the lights at night effect the view thru those areas. also how much room is in their cabs. i noticed they mount infront of the rops.

/ lookin for cabs #6  
Yes they are worth it. If you are out in the weather it is awesome. The lights do a fantastic job at night and the soft panels really have no effect that i noticed on vison at night with lights on. Plenty of room in the 1428V hydro for myself and my 4 year old son. He has taken posession of it since it was grandpa's. The heater mounts on left side dash panel and my joystik mounts on right fender. Cab has wiper motor as well.

/ lookin for cabs
thanks for the reply. i am seriously thinkin about going down to the dealer and having them order me one....gettin really tired of the cold and snow at 4 in the morning.

/ lookin for cabs #8  
I have a Kubota L4310 HST with a Curtis cab with an upgraded glass rear panel and heater. I had the dealer plumb the heater off the tractor's hot water circuit.

After mounting 2 front and 1 rear cab light with wiring, I'd get Curtis' fuse-box/switch component.

I also added a ball-mounted fan in the rear corner- reduces glass fogging in winter and helps keep the horse flies off your head in summer.

/ lookin for cabs #9  
But then again, if you looked at the Kubota B3030HSDC you would trade in tractor and all and get what you really would like!

Or if he looked at a MF1635, he would be better off, and much happier. No aftermarket cab will ever be able to compete with a factory one, that is why we traded.

:)

/ lookin for cabs
oh trust me i have looked into trading mine off and going w the 1600 series. but the reason why i went with the 1500 is cuz i use it to mow my yard. with a cab on it would be a lil tight in a few spot. that is why i am thinking a detachable cab would be the best thing out there...