Tractor
    MF GC2410TLB

Default GC2410 tire chains on front and rear tires

F.Y.I. everyone, I now have my tire chains mounted on the front and rear tires. I have R4 industrial tires on the tractor. The tire chains are the twisted link type, 2 link type that were sized for the tires. I think they needed to be shortened by 2 or 3 cross chains being removed . Jacked up each wheel to install the chains. Clipped off the extra connecting links on the inside and also the outside so they do not fly around and hit anything. The tire chains fit are pretty snug, also added the metal spring type chain tighteners. Some cables and wires had been lightly rubbing the forward part of the inside right rear tire and needed to pulled towards the frame and secured with wire ties. Used the tractor Saturday to blow snow and the turning is greatly improved on the frozen driveway with the tire chains. I did not use the 4WD but a couple of times because the traction from the rear tires was also a lot better. After clearing the snow, I rechecked the tire chains and they were still snug . I will keep them on until the driveway unfreezes. KC
    2009 MF GC2410TLB; Sims Cab; MF 2360 Snow Blower; MF 2340 Dozer Blade; Woods HC54 rotary rear cutter. Frontier 48" BB. KC

Tractor
    MF GC2410 Tractor/Loader/Backhoe

Default Re: GC2410 tire chains on front and rear tires

Can you tell me where you got the chains for the front tires I blow snow with are rear mount blower on hills that are on an angle and my steering is not so good in the snow and ice when blowing on this type of slope. My model Massey is a GC2410 with R4 industrial tires.

Tractor
    2007 MF GC2310 TLB

Default Re: GC2410 tire chains on front and rear tires

I got mine from my dealer when I bought it (2007), but try a Google search.
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles