Dual/Single clutch question for Reg or anyone

/ Dual/Single clutch question for Reg or anyone #1  

NCMau

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 202/Ford 8N
I just read Reg's Dual Clutch/Single Dual Clutch Explanation, Nov 2005. It sure clears up a question I had for a while.
When I bought this tractor (MF202) few months ago, I was told by the owner that it had a single clutch. In my mind when you depress a single clutch, you lose PTO and 3PT lift, but I don't. PTO and 3pt are live and totally independent from the clutch

Also, when the clutch comes off the floor, I don't feel the PTO and the drive clutch engaging at different times, and this is where I was confused with the definition of a dual clutch.

I looked in the service manual and I don't see an options labeling a single dual clutch, but it must be what I have. The only thing that could resemble to a definition of a single dual clutch is a "Split Torque" type that is in the manual single clutch section. But it doesn't explain what a split torque does.

Any further clarification of my mystery is very welcome

Maury

/ Dual/Single clutch question for Reg or anyone #2  
G'day Mauri you are correct in thinking that you have got live pto/hyd this means that the shaft that drives the pto is driven by the crankshaft usually by a shaft splined directly to the clutch cover plate not a friction disc this shaft will run through the trans to a small hyd clutch pack that you engage to op pto and the hyd pump is usually driven of this shaft just before the pto clutch pack much better than the old systems as you get hyd all the time

Jon

/ Dual/Single clutch question for Reg or anyone
Thanks Jon. I guess I can assume that I have a single dual clutch. (?)
It is not all that important that I know now what I exactly have. All I know is that I have live PTO/Hyd, and that's great. I am just thinking about the future if a problem would occur. It would be nice to know what is inside the belly before hand.