Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2009 Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Auxiliary Hydraulics for GC2400

If I wanted to add an extra hydraulic circuit or two to my GC2400 how would be the best?

I looked at a GC2410 on a dealer lot figuring that the backhoe hook up would be about the same as auxiliary spools but it was cold, wet and snowy around the tractor so I couldn't get a good look.

I seen that one hose comes from the loader valve block (I assume this would be a pressure line) but couldn't see which port it hooks to (I see there are 3 rubber hoses coming out of the valve block on my GC2400). Does anyone know which one it is?

I would assume it hooks to a power beyond port, which if I understand hydraulics right would also be going to the 3pt hitch controls. If it is going to the 3pt hitch could I just put a tee inline and have the original hose go to the 3pt and a second line to my auxiliary valves?

I did see that the other hose goes to a fitting on the right rear side of the differential housing, I found this one on my tractor and see there is already a port there with a plug in it. I would assume this is the return line.

Am I on the right track? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2009 Massey Ferguson GC2400 with DL100 loader, R4 tires and MF 2360 Front Mount Snow blower.

Swisher 60inch Tow Behind Finish Mower

Couple of Home made drags and harrows.

Tractor
    John Deere D110

Default Re: Auxiliary Hydraulics for GC2400

Looking at adding a set of quick connects to run a cylinder or something out the back of tractor. Has anyone added extra hydraulics to their GCs?
    Kind Regards, Gary

John Deere H 1/2 scale replica??
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...tml?highlight=

Antique Tractor Pictures Link
    http://s1227.photobucket.com/user/ba...?sort=6&page=1

Tractor
    GC2400

I just got done adding a valve and a set of rear remotes on mine. I'm planning on running top and tilt cylinders with them.
    I hooked into the factory-installed FEL valve on mine. From your signature it looks like you have the same setup so you could do the same thing.
    According to the service manual this is also how the backhoe hydraulics are hooked up.
    The base plate of the loader valve has three ports. The service manual doesn't have information on what they are so I experimented and found, from top to bottom: Pressure, Tank, Power Beyond.

I needed three new hoses:
    1 - from PB port of FEL valve to P port of aux valve
    2 - from PB port of aux valve to P port of 3PH
    3 - from T port of aux valve to tank
    #1 and #2 replace the factory hose that runs from the FEL PB port to the P port of the 3 pt valve.

All hose fittings need to be BSPP, the hoses should be 3/8" in size. I found that not all hydraulics stores stock BSPP fittings so it might be worth giving them a ring first.
    The hose that runs to tank (#3) can be connected to the tank fitting at the rear, roughly to the right of the fluid level glass. There is a plug below the right lift arm that you take out and that is where you can connect the hose. For that the hose needs to have a male end on a 45 deg angle. All other ends are female.
    I ran hoses 1 & 2 between frame and right wheel along the FEL tank line. I believe this is where the lines run on backhoe equipped machines as well -- I don't see room anywhere else.
    When shopping for a valve try to match the GPM figure of the tractor (6gpm). In other words, get a small valve. Otherwise, it'll be hard to find room for it and it'll require lots of adapter fittings. I got an 11gpm valve (Bucher HDS-11) and that's about the biggest I would use. Also, the valve must be open center and have a PB port.
    I mounted the valve behind the seat so that the cylinder ports are pointing backwards and I screwed the QDs directly into the valve with only an adapter (as opposed to routing the QDs to their own bracket). I will have to see how that holds up in the long run.

If you are interested I can post a few pics.
    Last edited by maxa; 06-18-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Tractor
    John Deere D110

Thanks for the info, would love to see pictures.
    Kind Regards, Gary

Tractor
    MF GC2400 that replaced retired CC 2518 and retired CC 2160

I'd like to see pics also please.
    MF GC 2400, FEL, 60"MMM ,Woods RB60 back blade. Life is sweet.

Tractor
    GC2400

Here you go

The first two pictures show what the valve looks like and where I mounted it. Note that I haven't made the final bracket yet, right now it just sits on a block of wood mounted to a crossbar. You can see how the 2 pairs of QDs are screwed right into the valve. The P port is on the right, the PB port on the upper left (with the 90 deg fitting) and the tank port is the one on the left.

The third pic shows how the aux valve is connected to the tank fitting.

Fourth pic: Pressure lines to and from aux valve are routed between frame and right wheel, alongside existing tank line.

Fifth pic shows the new lines (the clean ones): The bottom one from FEL valve PB port to aux valve P port. the top one from aux valve PB port to 3PH P port.

Last picture shows the old line from FEL valve PB port to 3PH valve P port. It is the line in the back, halfway under the tank & held up by a ziptie. This line got replaced by the two in the previous picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auxiliary Hydraulics for GC2400-wp_20130618_005-jpg   Auxiliary Hydraulics for GC2400-wp_20130618_002-jpg   Auxiliary Hydraulics for GC2400-wp_20130618_001-jpg   Auxiliary Hydraulics for GC2400-wp_20130605_002-jpg   Auxiliary Hydraulics for GC2400-wp_20130605_001-jpg  

Auxiliary Hydraulics for GC2400-wp_20130603_001-jpg  

Tractor
    John Deere D110

Thank you for the pictures, great job by the way.
    Kind Regards, Gary

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Great job maxa. Thank you for the pictures and description.
    Last edited by Don87; 06-22-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere X310, JD LA 145

Yes thanks for the post and pics.

Tractor
    MF GC2400 that replaced retired CC 2518 and retired CC 2160

Thanks for posting pics.
    MF GC 2400, FEL, 60"MMM ,Woods RB60 back blade. Life is sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast