MF33 Grain drill - help/parts

/ MF33 Grain drill - help/parts #1  

mikeblac

Came across a MF 33 grain drill - if pretty good shape - and at a price that could not be beat. We are in the process of cleaning it up, doing PM, etc. I hear from various sources, that there were some rubber plugs that were made to block off some of the seed holes (inside the hopper) to prevent seed from being dropped. If this is correct, I would like to get hold of some of them so I can space out my seeding width. I thought we could rig something - but that seems impossible, as the rotating agitator protudes into the seed outlet.

We are not really using this for an ag field, but planting a few acres for a dove field. So we would really like to space out the rows for sunflower, etc.

Anyone had any dealings with these machine, or know if/where parts are still available?

Any tips, info would be greatly appreciated!

/ MF33 Grain drill - help/parts #2  
Came across a MF 33 grain drill - if pretty good shape - and at a price that could not be beat. We are in the process of cleaning it up, doing PM, etc. I hear from various sources, that there were some rubber plugs that were made to block off some of the seed holes (inside the hopper) to prevent seed from being dropped. If this is correct, I would like to get hold of some of them so I can space out my seeding width. I thought we could rig something - but that seems impossible, as the rotating agitator protudes into the seed outlet.

We are not really using this for an ag field, but planting a few acres for a dove field. So we would really like to space out the rows for sunflower, etc.

Anyone had any dealings with these machine, or know if/where parts are still available?

Any tips, info would be greatly appreciated!

The agitator isn't a critical component. Just remove it and tape over the seed holes.
Last year I restored an old Minneapolis Moline P3-6 grain drill (10 ft wide, 20 drops, single disc openers). I used it to plant Kanota oats on 5 acres last Oct. No problem getting the oat seed to feed properly without the agitator.

Here's the agitator before I started refurbishment

DSCF0240 (Small).JPG

After refurbishment and during calibration

DSCF0184 (Small).JPG

DSCF0186 (Small).JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0185 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0185 (Small).JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 452
   / MF33 Grain drill - help/parts
Flusher,

Thanks for the info. If I can not find any of the plugs that is what I will probably have to do. I thought about temporarily disabeling it, but the agitator rod is gear driven, so it is somewhat difficult to get to.

But it is still hard to beat a free grain drill.

Thanks again

/ MF33 Grain drill - help/parts #4  
I also have a model 33 that the drive wheel chain work but the gear for the main grain box does not. How does it engage?