Massey Ferguson 35 or Ferguson TO35 Deluxe

/ Massey Ferguson 35 or Ferguson TO35 Deluxe #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
Fellow TBNrs
I am looking for one of the above model tractors. My wish list, after extensive research /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif is a 3 cyl Perkins diesel, 6 Speed Transmission, Two Stage clutch and Power Steering. External Hydraulics and loader would be nice but not essential. I am beginning to believe this "wish list" may not be possible but, I am a patient man and am willing to wait.
Any leads (I am in central Ontario, Canada) or comments on the likelyhood of finding such a gem would be appreciated.
Thanks
DouroBob

/ Massey Ferguson 35 or Ferguson TO35 Deluxe #2  
<font color=blue>...3 cyl Perkins diesel...</font color=blue>

The Perkins 153 cid is an excellent fuel sipping, bullet-proof engine... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

However it's not in the TO35... Ferguson used a Standard diesel... and the Perkins weren't used until about 1958 or 59 when production of the TO35 ended and replaced by the MF-35...

One of the most popular produced tractors in the world next to the Ford 'n series is the Massey Ferguson 135 that will have exactly what you're looking for...

Auction prices swing from $3-5K on the average for the 135 and production ended about 1974-75... so lots of them are still running strong and available...

Good luck in your Massey Ferguson quest... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Massey Ferguson 35 or Ferguson TO35 Deluxe
Thanks JM111 - I am curious to know if you or anyone else on this board is familiar with Zane Sherman's inventions for the Ford N series tractors (also supposed to work on Fergusons) <A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.com/wzsherman/myhomepage/sale.html>Zane Thang and Live Thang</A>. Sounds like just the option I am looking for to add to my 2085 for operating the Bush Hog. Based on prices in this area of Ontario Canada for MF 35 or 135s it may also save me a few thousand bucks.
I am looking to the experts on this TBN site for some always welcomed advice.

Douro Bob