Agco Parts Books online

/ Agco Parts Books online #1  

ArTrvlr

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1547 Cab, DynaQPS
Does anyone know what happened to the "login as a guest" feature on the Agco parts website? ( AGCO Parts Books )
I used it just a couple of days ago, as "Guest". Now the box for loging in as a guest is not there... anyone know what's up with that?

Thanks, jp

/ Agco Parts Books online #2  
I just checked using the link in your post and the Guest Login is still there for me.

/ Agco Parts Books online
I just checked using the link in your post and the Guest Login is still there for me.

Thanks for the reply. I deleted my history files, the page is the same for me, still no guest available.
Anyone know how to fix this?
TIA, jp

/ Agco Parts Books online #4  
Thanks for the reply. I deleted my history files, the page is the same for me, still no guest available.
Anyone know how to fix this?
TIA, jp

Hey ArTrvlr, just a long shot, could you still be logged in from the last time ?
I have a couple of sites that keep me logged in even though I log out each time I close them. Good luck, maybe someone will have a good answer for you. KC

/ Agco Parts Books online #5  
I have never used site before (so nothing cached) - and I see NO guest login. Indeed, it states:

AGCO Parts Books is the source of Parts Catalog information for AGCO Dealers and Customers.

If you are not a registered user and are interested in using AGCO Parts Books website then please do one of the following:

-existing Customers please contact your AGCO Dealership to request a login to the website. Then you may enter the Dealer-supplied login on this page.

-new Customers please locate your nearest AGCO Dealership to request a login. You may use our Dealer Locator function to assist in that process.

This suggests that "Guest" access is no longer permitted.

As an aside, I also see:

Warning: In order to use this site you need to install Adobe's SVG Viewer first.

What's that all about - requiring users to install an obsolete and unsupported, probably buggy, piece of software?

J

/ Agco Parts Books online #6  
On our front page of our web site, we have a link to sign in as a guest to the AGCO Parts Books, lower right hand corner.

/ Agco Parts Books online #7  
Rick,

Maybe that should have read "had a link". I tried it and got to the same login page as before.

However, I would just say I get taken to the Europe/Africa/Middle East/Asia login page - so maybe Agco are doing someting clever to only allow US-based clients guest access? In which case maybe they should be more clever and ditch the unsupported Adobe SVG.

J

/ Agco Parts Books online #8  
just a guess here- but if you are using IE, try using firefox. if you using FF, use IE. see what happens. you never know.

/ Agco Parts Books online
just a guess here- but if you are using IE, try using firefox. if you using FF, use IE. see what happens. you never know.

Radioman, the parts books require IE 5.5 SP2 or later. If you try to access it with any other browser you only get a page informing you of that. But thanks for the try anyway.

And thanks to everyone else who had suggestions. I had not tried again since my original post three days ago. I just tried, and now it works again. I have no idea what changed. Maybe time does heal all wounds:confused:
Thanks again for the suggestions, maybe one of our computer gurus will have an explanation and can tell us how to correct the problem without having to wait three days.
jp