Default Massey Ferguson 1260 (Iseki) needs new block.

I have a Massey Ferguson 1260 with a 3 cyl Iseki turbo deisel engine. The engine has a cracked block from a hard impact with the bucket. I guess these tractors weren't made for many years and I'm having trouble finding a block or engine. I understand the MF 1260 is very similar to the Iseki TK538. Does anybody know if these engine blocks would swap out or where a person might find a block, blown engine or parts tractor?

Tractor
    MF 5435, MF 165

Default Re: Massey Ferguson 1260 (Iseki) needs new block.

What serial number do you have? There were 2 different engines through the years. You'll need to know what you have to get the right stuff.
    Where are you from? there are some salvage yards that deal with MF stuff. This may be a little harder to find since most aren't worn out/ scrapped yet. They are around though.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Default Re: Massey Ferguson 1260 (Iseki) needs new block.

Quote Originally Posted by horizonod View Post
    I have a Massey Ferguson 1260 with a 3 cyl Iseki turbo deisel engine. The engine has a cracked block from a hard impact with the bucket. I guess these tractors weren't made for many years and I'm having trouble finding a block or engine. I understand the MF 1260 is very similar to the Iseki TK538. Does anybody know if these engine blocks would swap out or where a person might find a block, blown engine or parts tractor?
    We have a Massey Ferguson 1145 with an Iseki 3-cylinder turbo diesel with a bad crank but most likely a good block. We either want to buy a crank, or we could part out our tractor. Does anyone know if these are the same? I posted already about finding a crank and was unsuccessful.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California