Front Quick Attach

/ Front Quick Attach #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Hello all. I just saw a post on a JD forum documenting with pics the procedure (on a 2305) on how to go from front mounted implements like a blade or blower, back to fel use. Can anyone tell me what is involved on the Massey GC. How big a deal to switch from front attachment to fel? Is everything just pinned on, or do you have to unbolt stuff?

/ Front Quick Attach #2  
Hello all. I just saw a post on a JD forum documenting with pics the procedure (on a 2305) on how to go from front mounted implements like a blade or blower, back to fel use. Can anyone tell me what is involved on the Massey GC. How big a deal to switch from front attachment to fel? Is everything just pinned on, or do you have to unbolt stuff?

I can tell you this it's all pinned on and to go from one to the other it doesn't take much time at all.Under 15 minutes.It all depends on you and what you do.You can take the blower/blade off and leave the quick attach on and put the loader on.One downside to this is you don't have as much clearance. My advice is take the quick attach off less chance of doing any damage to the pto shaft under the tractor or to the quick hitch itself.:thumbsup:Larry

/ Front Quick Attach #3  
Hey, Paystar--

Ditto Massey Driver: 15 min +/- to go from FEL to front-mount blower or the other way around, for me. Not a problem. Also about the clearance with FEL use and the quick-hitch still on...doable, but loss of clearance under the front. See other threads on same subject.

The only "unbolting" is for the grille guard on the 2310, which has to come off to use the quick-hitch. Don't know about the 2400/2600 series. I just take mine off in the fall (for snowblower operation), and leave it off 'til spring, when I switch back to FEL/backhoe and mower deck use.

/ Front Quick Attach
Hello, thanks for the answers. I remembered reading about someone using his fel with the quick attach still on, but I couldn't find it. It's hard searching through all the posts when you're stuck in dial-up **** like we are in this area:laughing: I tried one of those internet sticks and it didn't work here either. Heck I can't even get signal on my Garmin GPS. I must be in a cave:laughing:

Ya, I saw the changeover procedure on the JD and wanted to see if it was as easy for the GC. I was thinking before, the 3 pt. snowblower would be better for me....now I'm not so sure. I'd rather go forwards!

Take care.

/ Front Quick Attach #5  
Just in case there''s any question, the quick attach subframe can be removed from the tractor much quicker than it takes to remove or install the loader and about the same or less than the attachments the quick attach is designed to carry. When I removed the quick attack subframe after the snowblowing season this year I found the simplicity of the procedure rather remarkable.

/ Front Quick Attach #6  
Paystar-- removing blower & quick-hitch:

1. Unlock locking lever by flipping up, after removal of lynch pin safety.
2. Disconnect hydraulic lines (2) and electric feed --for chute controls-- if necessary.
3. Slide blower off front, using a dolly w/rollers
4. Remove mid-PTO driveshaft (quick-disconnect at rear).
5. Loosen large "T" nut at front of quick-hitch.
6. Tilt forward, lift, and remove quick-hitch assembly. (It just "hangs" on front of frame.)

That's it; about 6-7 minutes, if you're slow like me!:D

FEL operation does not interfere at all with the quick-hitch assembly, but the Q-H does hang down pretty low on the front.

Attachments

• Q-H lock lever.JPG
    Q-H lock lever.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 181
  • sliding off shoe.JPG
    sliding off shoe.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 187
  • Q-H  t-bolt.JPG
    Q-H t-bolt.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 206
  • Quick hitch installed 2.JPG
    Quick hitch installed 2.JPG