How would you improve your tractor?

/ How would you improve your tractor? #1  

Jaylegger

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2600L
Curious what aspects of your tractor owners feel the manufacturer should alter to make your tractor better. After putting only about 60 hours on my GC2600 a couple annoyance corrections come to mind.

1- In low-range I'd prefer reverse to have the same gearing as forward, I understand in high gear this may cause stability issues but low reverse is painfully slow.

2- The method of locking the mower lift arms in the up position could be refined. Instead of rotating the height adjustment knob to it's highest position which imo is a bit of a pain, a simple lever type mechanism would be great.

3- Perhaps it's there's an adjustment somewhere other than the spring but the 3 pt hitch lever won't stay down in the float position. A more precise and effective tension system would be appreciated

4- The tail lamps on the ROPS should be designed so they can folded in-ward of the bar to prevent snagging of trees and such while operating in close quarters.

5- The mid pto should come with a cover. The manual states to keep the pto's covered when not in use (the rear comes with a cover) but the center shaft has none nor is one available.

6- A variable rate lever for raising the 3 pt arms. (Thanks Wacky, I forgot about that one)

Last edited:
   / How would you improve your tractor? #2  
1 Wheel spacers.
2 For some reason when using my 3pt lift I have grabbed the gear selector and shifted into neutral instead of lowering the 3pt. Maybe a little lock-notch in the fender to prevent this?
3 A way to adjust raising 3pt slower.
4 A stationary valve to attach BH hoses to on the tractor, rather than the hoses dangling back there.

/ How would you improve your tractor? #3  
On mine a good operator would make a world of difference!:thumbsup:

/ How would you improve your tractor? #4  

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm afraid I know that feeling too well!

Bob

/ How would you improve your tractor? #5  
You Massey boys aren't alone, of course. I might begin with:

- improving the 3 pt arms and check turnbuckles on the BX.
- give it a better hour meter and readable tach.
- might even offer true position control on the 3 pt.
- a less rpm oriented engine.
- lose the HST fan system
- reduce the HST whine
- change to a one piece, easy lift hood.

/ How would you improve your tractor? #6  
Just location for 3pt lever on L2800HST..to close to leg.

/ How would you improve your tractor? #7  
Some kind of cab before next winter! Then a heater! Hey, maybe a radio. It never ends!-

/ How would you improve your tractor?

You have to think outside the box, a scantily clad operator of the opposite sex would improve my tractor exponentially regardless of skill.....operating a tractor that is

/ How would you improve your tractor? #9  
A brake set that locks both pedals individually, a solenoid operated multi spool selector on 1 remote, a park gear, belly plate for soft underside and to provide a storage/carry area, a creeper gear, more lead on front drive ratio, more aggressive governor, cast rear wheel hubs, valve stem protectors, override to enable start while in gear, loader lighting provided by LEDs on loader arms and bucket rim, front diff lock, more lift range on 3ph, more bucket curl, stronger power steering, all loader parts made using high strength steels and good engineering to provide good strength to weight, telescoping 3ph lift arms that will lock in various extended positions ... etc
larry