GC2300 tie rod dust boot

/ GC2300 tie rod dust boot #1  

cdthom

What phone number are you using to purchase the GC2300 tie rod dust boot from Massey Ferguson parts? I just tore a dust boot on my GC2300. Massey needs to offer a better dust cover option because they are way too exposed and fragile.

How do you remove and replace the dust cover boot?

Last edited:
   / GC2300 tie rod dust boot #2  
What phone number are you using to purchase the GC2300 tie rod dust boot from Massey Ferguson parts? I just tore a dust boot on my GC2300. Massey needs to offer a better dust cover option because they are way too exposed and fragile.

How do you remove and replace the dust cover boot?

I hope its the part # that your looking for here's the #4265169m1 there called dust cover's.
To install new ones you'll need to take the tie rod end off the steering knuckle and unscrew it from the steering cylinder[one end of the steering cylinder has a couple flat spots so you can use a thin wrench to hold it from turning while you turn which ever tie rod end off.You'll need to remove the spring clips that hold the rubber dust covers on slide the old one off put the new on install the spring clips install the tie rod back onto the cylinder then back onto the steering knuckle.Now before doing all this take a measurement of the length of tie rod end bolt or center of it to the cylinder end mark it down somewhere so that when you put everything back together you'll beable to put the tie rod end back onto where it fits keeping the proper length so that you'll still have the proper toe in toe out of the front wheels. Its harder to explain then actually do the job.Of course you can jack the front up just to make turning the wheel in and out a bit easier but its not really nessessary.Larry.