Oil & Fuel Is anyone using a Purolator filter?

/ Is anyone using a Purolator filter? #1  

Bolens1886

Bronze Member
Tractor
GC2610TLB
Hello all,
I am coming up on the 100 hr mark and was wondering if anyone was using a Purolator L14476 (short length 2.9") or the L24457 (long length 4.02") in a GC2610 (2400,2410,2600). I've had good luck in the past with this brand and would like to hear from everyone on this.
Thanks

/ Is anyone using a Purolator filter? #2  
The low priced Purolators get average reviews by the people who cut them open and rate such things.

The top grade Purolators get rave reviews for high quality.

/ Is anyone using a Purolator filter? #3  
I buy Purolator for the vehicles and love them. As stated, great reviews.
For the tractors I use factory filters only because of the inertia of doing it that way for decades.

/ Is anyone using a Purolator filter? #4  
I use them on my cars all the time, and never worry about using the premium filter over the classic ones. I actually prefer the classic filters over the premium version, because of the sand they've glued to the premium filter casing. It's great for gripping the filter, but the end cap filter wrench I use fit too tightly on them.

Bosch premium filters seem identical to Purolator, and it's a painted casing, so they work well.

On my 1010, I use NAPA gold filters, which are actually Wix. There's probably a reference somewhere for your tractor.

/ Is anyone using a Purolator filter? #5  
I use a Fram PH4386...about $3.88 at Wal Mart.

/ Is anyone using a Purolator filter? #6  
I used to use Fram Filters on my wife's car, until one day at a local parts store, when a factory rep had a display setup with cut open filters. After that, I've used nothing but WIX filters. This is who makes ACGO's filter for the GC series. The Fram filter was beyond "Cheap".

/ Is anyone using a Purolator filter? #7  
WIX and Champion (Purolater) make many of the OEM filters. You can check application guides and then cross to the specifics of that specific filter to verify pressure relief lbs, etc. Filters do more than just filter.

/ Is anyone using a Purolator filter? #8  
If it's still under warranty I would use a factory filter, after that NAPA (Wix) are very good filters.

DEWFPO

/ Is anyone using a Purolator filter? #9  
Add my name to the Wix column. That's all I have used on my cars for years after seeing a Fram and a couple others cut apart and reading the independent test results.

I only run good oil and good filters, because to me it's small potatoes compared to what I paid for the equipment.

Good luck,
Jay

/ Is anyone using a Purolator filter? #10  
Napa Gold (Wix) for me. Bought a bunch of Napa Gold oil and fuel filters online for all my different vehicles car, truck, SUV, ATV, M-F GC, etc. to get the website's free shipping (and a year or two supply of filters).