Loader replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed?

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #1  

leeisdell

I cannot find a good manual for my GC2300. The Operator's & loader manuals that came with my tractor do NOT give sufficient detail.

I need to replace the hydraulic lines on the loader with longer ones. How do I go about bleeding the system after replacing a line and/or taking pressure off to replace. And exactly where is the hydraulic resevior for the loader located ON the tractor, so I can check the hydraulic fluid levels.

I always have a bear of a time getting the loader on/off, so decided to extend the lines to give me a bit more room.

thanks.

Lee

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #2  
Lee, just run your loader up and down, and bucket, after changing hoses, it will take care of its self. May take several cycles but air will push out in to reservoir then to atmosphere.

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #3  
. How do I go about bleeding the system after replacing a line and/or taking pressure off to replace. And exactly where is the hydraulic resevior for the loader located ON the tractor, so I can check the hydraulic fluid levels.

As stated above just cycle the loader up and down as well as curl the bucket tilt and dump the air will work out on its own.Taking pressure off is as simple as turning the tractor off,with the bucket on the ground move the control lever{joystick} thru all the funtions and it'll let take any pressure off the lines.As for the hydralic resevior it's the same as for the hydrostatic which is the rear diff.You have a site glass at the back of the tractor near the rear PTO shaft the level is when the site glass is full of oil with the 3pth arms down.Larry:thumbsup:

Forgot to mention that I replaced a couple on mine{due to failure of the lines} I had them made 3" longer only and what a huge difference to take the loader off and on now. Larry

Last edited:
   / replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #4  
I have a 2010 kubota L2800 tractor Its has a back hoe on it i replace one on the cylinders on the back hoe now its moves real slow how would i bleed the air out of it thanks mike

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #5  
Hydraulic rams, and anything with a return hose, (2 hose system), are self bleeding.

As described, you simply run it through to it's limits a few times, and it will push out the air.

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #6  
I have a 2010 kubota L2800 tractor Its has a back hoe on it i replace one on the cylinders on the back hoe now its moves real slow how would i bleed the air out of it thanks mike
Welcome to TBN... If it's moving slowly, I think you have a different problem... try re-connecting the hoses. My guess is one is not connected all the way. Others have had the same problem. I think if it has air, it would be quick but spongy feeling.

The 2010 L2800 should not have this problem - it happens on older models... I'm throwing this out just in case it was an older model that was just bought in 2010. (they don't really go by year model). If the load is fine and the steering is fine - most likely this is not going to be the problem...

The return hose of the older models crack and let air into the system... this is the hose by the brakes. There usually isn't any oil leak, since it's sucking air in. Just a random thought...

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #7  
Ive got a branson tractor. (28hp) I put new seals in hydrolice pump.
While doing this, I all so replaced filter and all the floid. Now the bucket
dosn't work. and the blade won't even raise. I spent 3 hr trying to raise and
lower buket/blade, losened lines to bleed, nothing. Help. mikelarr

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #8  
I have and IH 244 with a loader. The loader works but is slow. Some of the lines do leak but before i replace them i want to make sure nothing major is broken. How to i check the hydraulic fluid level in my tractor as well? Does anyone know where i can buy a hydraulic filter for my tractor? I'm knew to diesels and hydraulics, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #9  
:welcome:ben , you might want to post in the hydraulic forum.

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #10  
I think I could disagree on this. I tried this today and it didn't work. Can you personally contact me, see if you can help me over the phone? I have a JD 790 front loader bucket.