3-Point Hitch PTO Generators

/ PTO Generators #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Hi,
I know that for every 1kw you need to have 2hp on your PTO and the 2410 is rated at 18.7hp. That would mean by the numbers I could go up to a 9.35KW generator rated for 540. A 10KW is more readily available so could our tractors handle a 10KW generator our is it better to try and find a 9KW generator somehow?

/ PTO Generators #2  
Hi,
I know that for every 1kw you need to have 2hp on your PTO and the 2410 is rated at 18.7hp. That would mean by the numbers I could go up to a 9.35KW generator rated for 540. A 10KW is more readily available so could our tractors handle a 10KW generator our is it better to try and find a 9KW generator somehow?

You may want to look at even 2x that size. For the most part it is talking about the load you put on the generator 9hat counts.

You could run a 50KW generator as long as it was making under 9KW. :) There is no reason to pay for a generator you are not ever going to push to the limits.

/ PTO Generators #3  
Hi,

I would go with the 10 KW the only issue you would have if you truly pulled 10KW is you would bog your tractor down and possibly stall it. On the other hand if your Generator was say a 5 KW and you tried to pull 10KW you would trip a breaker (hopefully) or burn up the 5KW generator.