Default Massey 1030 sticking brake

Hello: I have a 1030 Massey and last year I had a problem with the left brake binding. I replaced the hydraulic fluid and filter and it seemed to go away. When I pulled the tractor out of the shed this spring the brake was totally locked up on that wheel. It;s freed up a bit now and starts to bind after the tractor has warmed up for a few minutes. If I run the tractor and push in the clutch the wheel locks right up. I;ve disconnected the linkage to that side, still binding. If I engage the diff lock the proble seems to disappear. If I have take it apart to look internally how hard and long of a job is it and what would be looking for ? Any ideas would be appreciated Greg

Default Re: Massey 1030 sticking brake

I talked to a dealer and they say may possible that a seal between the rear diff and the left axle may be leaking causing the pressure to the brake. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Tractor
    Massey furguson 1030

Default Re: Massey 1030 sticking brake

i had to have mine taken to the shop and pulled apart. Too much for me but after they got it dis assembled I was told they don't make the wet brakes anymore so they worked on the existing and got them functional...may not of done the service had I known on the front end as it cost me almost $3K and the solution was not perfect. Suggest you find the parts prior to starting repair, maybe search the internet supply.