Happened to me, too!

/ Happened to me, too! #1  

irvingj

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 MF GC2310 TLB
I'd been trying to locate a small hydraulic leak since last year around the joystick control- I had the cover removed so I could see it more clearly.

Well, last Monday, getting ready to mow the lawn, the leak made itself apparent: the same hose, I think, others have had trouble with- the L-O-N-G one that goes from the side of the control block all the way to the rear. I believe it's the return hose for the backhoe.

Anyway, it started pumping fluid out right at the bend near the joystick where it loops over the steel support.... seems odd for only 2+ years old and 150 hours....

Oh, well. $42.55 and a short trip later, she's good to go. That's the only major problem so far!

Attachments

• replaced hose 6:10.JPG
    replaced hose 6:10.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 248
   / Happened to me, too! #2  
Looks good with the new hose in place.I haven't had to replace that one yet but a couple on the loader have blown and needed replacing.The hose's that come from factory must be not that great of quality,hence need to replace with better one's when they go.The worst part is they usually go at the most worse possible time,that coupled with spraying oil over everthing{even the operator}Then it's wash and clean up the mess,run and get a new hose,add oil etc: The joys of having equipment.Larry:thumbsup:

/ Happened to me, too! #3  
I'd been trying to locate a small hydraulic leak since last year around the joystick control- I had the cover removed so I could see it more clearly.

Well, last Monday, getting ready to mow the lawn, the leak made itself apparent: the same hose, I think, others have had trouble with- the L-O-N-G one that goes from the side of the control block all the way to the rear. I believe it's the return hose for the backhoe.

Anyway, it started pumping fluid out right at the bend near the joystick where it loops over the steel support.... seems odd for only 2+ years old and 150 hours....

Oh, well. $42.55 and a short trip later, she's good to go. That's the only major problem so far!

The hoses on my 2010 look a little different. Is there anything we can do to try and keep this from happening?

/ Happened to me, too! #4  
The hoses on my 2010 look a little different. Is there anything we can do to try and keep this from happening?
I replaced all of my hoses with Dayco 5,000 PSI hoses...the factory hoses are junk...anywhere there is a bend, the jacket starts to crack and delaminate...on mine it looked like UV degradation. Tractor is sheltered when stored, but spends a lot of time in the sun when operated. I worried about the joystick valve bank hoses rupturing and injuring me...ever seen a hydraulic injection injury? Very ugly!

/ Happened to me, too! #5  
G'day just looking at the pic of control valve and i too would be worried about a hose bursting there are several companies that make a woven sleeve to go over hoses that prevent a ruptured hose from spraying for yards, I think that on this machine this would be a good move. I think Parker is one of the main suppliers but a quick check with your local hyd shop and they should be able to tell you.

Jon

/ Happened to me, too!
"...anywhere there is a bend, the jacket starts to crack and delaminate...on mine it looked like UV degradation."

mustangsallysdad-- that's exactly the way my hose looked, some small cracks right on the outside of the bend which was where the fluid was oozing out. Fortunately, all the fluid did was "leak" out and drip, as it wasn't under pressure. Would have been pretty messy otherwise.

Guess I should start saving my pennies for more new hoses....

/ Happened to me, too! #7  
I would like to change all my hoses too. There sure are alot to change, I have to change one for the BH, it has a nick where the 3pt caught it and pinched it. I will fix one at a time for now I guess.

/ Happened to me, too! #8  
I caught one BH hose on my 3 Pt hitch and had a local truck shop fab me up 2 hoses and he charged me 120$ and I had the tractor up the next day. It saved me from spending 4 Hrs going to the city and having them done, although it would have been half as costly. I plan to do all the hoses this winter as some are starting to wick.

/ Happened to me, too! #9  
mine leaked from new. (at the loader disconnects)

first dealer repaired at 20 hours, this picture taken at 47 hours.

the second dealer did a better job, but i still had one leaking screwed connection afterward. i broke down and worked on it myself.

it may or may not be good now, but its certainly a lot better. i hope this doesn't turn out to be a chronic problem. hate to say it, but it really looks like a quality control issue.

other than that i guess the only annoyance is the lack of a light or buzzer to remind me that i have left the e-brake on:ashamed: btw, it looks like there are quite a few unused spaces in the warning light panel.

all things considered, i still give it a resounding thumbs up. now that i own one, and have put it to work:D, its easy to see why these things command the prices they do.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• leak2.JPG
    leak2.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 155
  • grunt2.JPG
    grunt2.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 176
   / Happened to me, too! #10  
Weird... I have a lot of hours on my '06 2310 and all my hoses look like brand new... It is always under shelter when not used and i maintain it faithfully, but i don't baby it as well.... maybe i got lucky ? :thumbsup: