GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #11  
Dang,..whew glad you weren't along for the ride Wacky.
Finger cross and speedy recovery MF

Looking forward to updates.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #12  
That looks like it was going 50 mph and hit something. I usualy put the FEL down when I get off, unless I'm getting right back on. It makes a good break.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #13  
Wacky, that really really sucks. On the bright side your camera seems to work ok. Sorry but a little levity might be in order here. If you didn't take out a dedicated insurance policy on the tractor with a little luck your homeowners policy will cover damages for tractors up to 25hp. Probably a 50/50 chance.

I've never had the parking brake flip out once engaged but I definitely have had to attempt setting it multiple times prior to it engaging. Even when everything appear ok the holding power of the PB imo has been unremarkable as it takes very little force to move the tractor while the PB is set and I'm of the belief that the PB should hold the vehicle even while under considerable power. There's always the chance disengagement of the PB did not occur at all but the hill slope was simply too severe and forces overcame the unreasonably weak holding power of the brake, the disengagement was caused from the forces of and occurred at the point collision. That would my angle if perusing compensation for damages.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #14  
Wow sorry to see that Wacky.At least no one got hurt.I haven't had the need for using the PB on mine but sure will keep a eye on how it's working when I do use it.Sure hope your ins. helps you out and the MF dealer doesn't make you wait that long.Larry

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #15  
Wow, your second photo makes it look like an expensive repair. Best of luck with the insurance and I am glad you didn't go on that ride.

MarkV

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #16  
Dang,..whew glad you weren't along for the ride Wacky.
Finger cross and speedy recovery MF

Looking forward to updates.
If you were you might have been able to impede the decent. At 2670# not real heavy so velocity had to be up there. Even the bucket got bent, did it hit at an awkward angle as the pics suggest? Hope you make out OK, looks like a new loader is in order, tractor probably is fine.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #17  
Sorry about your damage.

I have never had an issue with the parking brake on mine in 5+ years. But, I do live on reasonably flat land.

I don't know if I would have left it on a hill, without lowering everything to secure it. But, I do know what I will do from now on.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #18  
Makes me sick but like you said nobody was hurt and money will fix it to like new. Even so sorry for the bad day.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #19  
Sorry you ruined the front of your tractor. Some suggest lowering the FEL when stopped. Do you mean tilting the bucket so the front of bucket digs into the ground? I normally just drop the bucket fairly flat on the ground.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #20  
Some suggest lowering the FEL when stopped. Do you mean tilting the bucket so the front of bucket digs into the ground? I normally just drop the bucket fairly flat on the ground.

It depends how level your parking situation is. On level ground an empty bucket lowered and left in float position will provide a little drag. A full bucket provides a lot more drag. Lifting the front wheels with the bucket provides a lot of drag. I have a bigger machine, but I can dump (uncurl) my bucket until both the cutting edge and the top of the bucket can touch the ground. Some down pressure in this situation provides a lot of drag.

I try not to leave the tractor on a hill without being in the seat, just from lack of faith in the parking brake.

I also never leave the seat with the engine running. Made this decision a long time ago and do not regret it. Extra wear on the starter and battery, but much more safe. I had to buy a new battery a couple of months ago, only got 3+ years out of the original. $90 every few years is really cheap compared to a running tractor "running away".

Before you leave that seat with the machine on a hill think about which way you are going -- uphill so you can watch it roll away? Or are you walking downhill so it can run you over?

A wise old man cautioned me to always lower the bucket to the ground when leaving the tractor. Nothing to do with runaways. Kids love machines and will play on tractors. Imagine a pair of kids finding your tractor with the bucket up. One plays under it, while the other gets in the seat and pushes the joystick forward...