GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #281  
all the grease nipples/pins on my machine were loaded with some sort of open gear lube. i thought it was factory, but maybe the dealer did it.

i bought the machine in stony plain alberta, selmac sales, and have no problem dealing with them in future. i have also had the machine serviced in kamloops at noble tractor, no problems there either.

when i was shopping around, i talked to a salesman at avenue equipment in abbotsford. he told me he was the grandson of the man who established the dealership back in the day. at any rate, his price was out of range, but he is the second closest dealer for service, so i asked him about servicing the machine if i bought it somewhere else where i could get a better deal. he told me that if i bought the machine in the states or out of province, they would not honour warranty or do service work. i told him that sounded kind of odd... he went on to use the analogy that when he has problems with his new jet boat, he takes it to the dealer he bought it from. i thought 'if i ever get the money for a jet boat, i'll keep that in mind' and said 'thanks anyway'.:)

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #282  
I cleaned the strainer. Just a bit of soft, rtv like material on the screen. It is not necessary to remove the rear wheel to take out the screen. It will pull straight out and go inside the wheel rim. You can then pivot the screen and get it out and clean it.

I actually had to replace the strainer b/c I scratched the screen on the threads as I was removing it :ashamed:.

I also used a MAC magnet pick-up tool (picture a long magnet on a stick) to insert into the rear-end (the tractor's, not mine) and you'd be surprised at all the metal shavings that came out...It looked like someone was drilling a piece of metal at the factory and dumped all the shavings in my tractor. Next time you change the hydro fluid, put a magnet in there to see what you get.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #283  
I actually had to replace the strainer b/c I scratched the screen on the threads as I was removing it :ashamed:.

I also used a MAC magnet pick-up tool (picture a long magnet on a stick) to insert into the rear-end (the tractor's, not mine) and you'd be surprised at all the metal shavings that came out...It looked like someone was drilling a piece of metal at the factory and dumped all the shavings in my tractor. Next time you change the hydro fluid, put a magnet in there to see what you get.

Great tip! I'll fish around in there with a magnet for sure at the next change. I've got the same tool. I agree you have to be very careful pulling that screen out so it doesn't get damaged. I was surprised how soft and fine the mesh material is.

Withdrawing the screen reminded me of that game "Operation" from the late 70's where you had to get the bones out of the holes board without touching the sides.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics.
I went to get the hydro oil from the local dealer today, I bought a 2.5 gallon container, cause I wasn't sure how much I needed. I started to fill, and kept filling, finally about 1 gallon low:confused::mad:! It had 1 hr on it when I picked it up, everything worked and still does. Hope it stays that way. I noticed when I shut the tractor off, after 1 more hour, there is a sound like a squeak when the machine stops, almost sounds like a hydro whine of some sort. I don't remember it on my old one, maybe it did it too, just did not pay attention. Anyway mows like a dream, I am going to hook the KK cutter to it tomarrow to try it out for most of the day.:)

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #285  
Wacky, glad to hear that your situation is resolved.
Just an update on my 2400, my brakes will stop my tractor, in nuetral, while going downhill....with the FEL and MMM installed.
Also, my parking brake did hold on the dirtpile I have out back( roughly 30 degrees).
Hope this helps

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #286  
I went to get the hydro oil from the local dealer today, I bought a 2.5 gallon container, cause I wasn't sure how much I needed. I started to fill, and kept filling, finally about 1 gallon low:confused::mad:! It had 1 hr on it when I picked it up, everything worked and still does. Hope it stays that way. I noticed when I shut the tractor off, after 1 more hour, there is a sound like a squeak when the machine stops, almost sounds like a hydro whine of some sort. I don't remember it on my old one, maybe it did it too, just did not pay attention. Anyway mows like a dream, I am going to hook the KK cutter to it tomarrow to try it out for most of the day.:)

Time to change that avatar! By the way, a little (1/2 pint or so) red power steering or ATF makes it a little easier to see the fluid level in the sight glass...
Quick question: Did you get the hydro fluid from the same dealer that "the debacle" took place at? If so, did it say 2.5 gallons but only contain 2? :laughing: Also, after 6 years of ownership my dealer still gives me a 10% discount on anything I purchase (even weedeater string). That's why my next tractor will be purchased from them.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #287  

Same here... I had to add hst oil as well ( maybe because they never extended the rams and when i got it home, they were empty ? ) AND grease some backhoe fittings they seemed to miss AND they actualy installed the rear rims backwards ( got them to switch the ags for turf when i bought my 2310 ). I agree with the comments, when you purchase products now adays it seems the only important thing is the sale. What happened to customer satisfaction? I guess the sale is the only thing that matters. Very sad.... :(

On another note, I cannot believe that your misfortune has ended up with almost 300 posts !!! :laughing:

Enjoy your 2610 ( now i have to figure out how to tweak my 2310 to gain the extra hp !! )

Time to change that avatar! By the way, a little (1/2 pint or so) red power steering or ATF makes it a little easier to see the fluid level in the sight glass...
Quick question: Did you get the hydro fluid from the same dealer that "the debacle" took place at? If so, did it say 2.5 gallons but only contain 2? :laughing: Also, after 6 years of ownership my dealer still gives me a 10% discount on anything I purchase (even weedeater string). That's why my next tractor will be purchased from them.

1.. The avatar will be updated, probably tomarrow. I gotta get those pics taken and posted:thumbsup:.
2.. No, I bought the AGCO 821xl permatran from my local dealer. (who mainly sells kubota, a few MF's, and NH.) They couldn't get the 2610 for the same price I paid. I will be getting my workshop, and parts manual next week from them also. Wouldn't surprise me for $38 only getting 2 gallons.:confused2:
3.. Sounds like you got the dealer I THOUGHT I was getting:laughing::thumbsup:!! Congrats. It is hard to find a competent business anywhere anymore:confused3:.

Oh I also had to fill the front axle... about 1.5 qts low. So much for the predeliver inspection they do.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #289  
wacky; this thread probably is heading for a record (if it isn't already) but that could well be a mixed blessing.:laughing:

i still can't believe you let them beat you for another $2500.00 after the crap they tried to feed you with the repairs.:eek:

Put 4 more hours on it yesterday brush hogging. No problems yet:thumbsup:. This thing is almost as powerful as my old Ford 3000! It sure can climb the hills that the Ford would struggle. With almost no strain on the engine, you could here the engine tone change a little, but not much!:)