GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics.
Glad to hear that you're enjoying the new machine.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

In spite of the extra cost, I think you made a good decision which will leave you with peace of mind in the long run.:thumbsup:

That is precisely what I am "banking" on;)! I am going to do some BH work hopefully Saturday....if the rain holds off:drool:. Can't wait.:laughing:

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #302  
That is precisely what I am "banking" on;)! I am going to do some BH work hopefully Saturday....if the rain holds off:drool:. Can't wait.:laughing:

I should be mixing and poaring concrete. Need a pad for the automatic backup generator I'm installing.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #303  
As mustangsallysdad said, this is normal, and a certain amount of that is always going to be in there. Don't worry about it.

If you are going to change it again, don't use the hydraulic oil. Put in gear lube, with an EP designation. This gives the most protection. For a couple of bucks more, you can also get synthetic.

I am a new owner of a 2008, 400 hour GC 2610. I would like to change the front axles to gear oil, but my owner's manual only recommends the Permatran III oil in the axle. Has there been a supplement to the owner's manual?

I am also a new member to TBN, so this might not end up posted in the correct area, but this is one post that specifically suggests gear oil in a GC 2600 series tractor.

Thanks for your patience.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #304  
I am a new owner of a 2008, 400 hour GC 2610. I would like to change the front axles to gear oil, but my owner's manual only recommends the Permatran III oil in the axle. Has there been a supplement to the owner's manual?

I am also a new member to TBN, so this might not end up posted in the correct area, but this is one post that specifically suggests gear oil in a GC 2600 series tractor.

Thanks for your patience.

The original GC 2300 owners manual says Permatran 3 -or- SAE 80 GL-4.

SAE 80 GL-4 is gear oil. Technically, Permatran is also gear oil.

Hydraulic transmission oil does not have the additives for extreme pressures that gear lube has, it is not as good at protecting bevel and hypoid gears as an EP gear lube that was specifically designed for that application.

If you send a note to MF, they will also verify you can use gear lube. (They have in the past).

Because 80W is hard to find, I am using Amsoil 75W-90 Severe Gear Synthetic Extreme Pressure Lubricant (SVG)

Yes, it's overkill. And probably not necessary in most applications. But, it's also cheap insurance. And, I like having synthetic oil in there when it's really cold.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #305  
Old thread, but I'll contribute that the parking brake design on the GC series I've never really trusted. I've gotten to the point that if the tractor is in a position where release of the parking brake would cause damage or harm such as on a steep hill or some place where the thing can get away fast, I'll dig either the FEL or hoe bucket into the ground. Takes a few seconds longer to 'park' the thing, but at least I know if the brake lets loose it ain't going places.