GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #1  

Wacky

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 GC2610
Well, this weekend is going to be one to remember. I was using my BH to remove some steel rebar that run through some landscape timbers and I moved the tractor forward set the parking brake and lowered the bucket left it running, went to get some insecticide to spray on the ant hill I uncovered. When I got back the tractor made a loud "click" and there she went down the hill into the drainage ditch and came to a sudden stop. What I want to know is how can a parking brake, on a new machine with 25 hrs on it, can just pop out? :mad: I went down shut it off and tried the brake again and it seems to hold. Now I am left with a destroyed FEL, hood, bent mower deck brackets, and a bent bumper, all because of a parking brake that didn't hold. Thank God I was not on it. Has any one had any issues with the parking brake on the GC series? I cannot seem to upload any photos. I am going to try another post.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #2  
You may have insurance that covers this.

If you financed, there may be an insurance requirement, and even if you didn't your homeowner's may cover. I know mine does.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics.
:mad:Now, I cannot attach anything to my posts:confused:?? Sorry, I am going to keep trying.

You may have insurance that covers this.

If you financed, there may be an insurance requirement, and even if you didn't your homeowner's may cover. I know mine does.

Yes, homeowners should, and I have farm insurance too, that is what I am going to work on Monday and see what the damages are. I think more than anything my pride is hurt the most:ashamed:!

Here I go again...

Attachments

• Mower 113.jpg
    Mower 113.jpg
    972.1 KB · Views: 1,338
  • Mower 121.jpg
    Mower 121.jpg
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 1,550
   / GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #6  
Well, this weekend is going to be one to remember. I was using my BH to remove some steel rebar that run through some landscape timbers and I moved the tractor forward set the parking brake and lowered the bucket left it running, went to get some insecticide to spray on the ant hill I uncovered. When I got back the tractor made a loud "click" and there she went down the hill into the drainage ditch and came to a sudden stop. What I want to know is how can a parking brake, on a new machine with 25 hrs on it, can just pop out? :mad: I went down shut it off and tried the brake again and it seems to hold. Now I am left with a destroyed FEL, hood, bent mower deck brackets, and a bent bumper, all because of a parking brake that didn't hold. Thank God I was not on it. Has any one had any issues with the parking brake on the GC series? I cannot seem to upload any photos. I am going to try another post.
I've had one for 5 years as of this past April...5 years ago in early May I learned to never trust the park brake. I found that not applying it too firmly is the only reliable (somewhat) way to engage it...it guess it has something to do with the spring tension.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #7  
WOW,

That's enough to make a grown man "Wacky".....Sorry to see this happen.:mad:.....good lesson for me too (don't trust PB).....Hopefully Insurance will cover it.....I'm glad I signed up for Kubota Ins......

Well nobody got hurt. But who knows about the ones that did. This, I believe, is a safety issue that needs to be addressed. I am going to call the dealer Monday to see where they stand. And I am not looking forward to a long wait to get my machine back. You guys watch I won't see it for a month or 2!

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #9  
Thanks for posting this Wacky, good reminder for all of us! Hard to tell by the photos but it might not be as bad as you think, will be curious to read how well your dealership takes care of you.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #10  
Yeah that is bad luck Wacky. I hope it turns out better than you expect. If nothing else, I hope you learned to leave you FEL bucket down, if you must leave your machine unattended. That could have prevented your runaway tractor and is a wise thing to do anyway. Even with good brakes a raised FEL can do a lot of damage, while you aren't watching.
In fact, all implements should be lowered, before you leave your operator's seat. I'm not trying nag you, God knows I'm not perfect, just stating facts hoping someone else may learn from your mistake.
Good luck with the damages.