Oil & Fuel Massey Ferguson 1260 oil filler plug?

/ Massey Ferguson 1260 oil filler plug? #1  

krumph

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1260, International cub
Hi from Canada, just joined the forum. Recently inherited 332 acre piece of land the hard way; father-in-law suddenly died, and took all his experience and know-how with him. Had to move from city apartment to the new cottage/ farm. The land comes with two tractors, a couple of implements and a steep learning curve in farm equipment. Imagine moving into your neighbour痴 farm and trying figure out where they stored certain things, why these things are put here and there, along with all their peculiar and unexplainable ways they had of doing things. I have been reading this forum for quite some time and happily had most of my questions answered. It actually has been really fun learning about tractors.
The problem is I needed to change the oil on the Massey Ferguson 1260 Serial: 60404 Iseki engine, I don稚 have a shop manual and with all the things that need to be fixed I could not even see myself affording one. I知 mechanically inclined enough to change the oil. I can quickly see where the oil drain plug is but when I was looking for the oil filler hole/plug the only thing I can see is where the oil dip stick is. It has a larger than normal size. Size of a silver dollar or Canadian loonie. But I have a hard time believing that is where you could put the oil in. Both sides of the engine cab are off but I cannot see any filler plugs on either side of the engine. If anyone can offer some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. If someone can answer my question I will tell you stories of all the things I hit with the FEL. I知 taking everything in stride. Things could be worst. The other day is was sitting on the other tractor, international cub, watching the crows in the garden rows pulling out the pumpkin seeds one by one and I thought to myself thank god I got my degree in English literature it will do wonders here.

/ Massey Ferguson 1260 oil filler plug? #2  
I'm pretty sure your Iseki engine is different than the one on my 2310, but is the filler plug perhaps hidden under the air cleaner? Mine has a filler cap right on the top of the valve cover, but it's partially obscured by the air filter box. If the air filter were moved over a bit, you'd have a hard time seeing it.

Good luck with your new-found vocation and welcome to TBN! And you're right, your English degree will come in handy on the farm! :laughing:

/ Massey Ferguson 1260 oil filler plug? #3  
That's an "older" style 1260, you were right, pour it rightin the dipstick tube. I know a silver dollar is large enough to pour through, I don't know what a Canadian loonie is though.

/ Massey Ferguson 1260 oil filler plug? #4  
About 97 1/2 cents. Different color. But pretty well the same size.

/ Massey Ferguson 1260 oil filler plug?
Hi again, successfully changed the oil. I tracked down the originally dealer who sold my father-in-law the tractor and he agreed that the oil goes into the dip stick hole. It was a bit nerve wracking in the sense that, although I知 experimenting with doing it myself, it can be an expensive mistake if I do it wrong. I felt determined however to do it myself because I know I will be having to cross that bridge again next year.
I appreciate the response; I知 really digging this forum. I知 sure I sound like a newbie, but after-all it痴 impossible to do anything for the first time with experience.
:)

/ Massey Ferguson 1260 oil filler plug? #6  
What is that Massey Ferguson shown with tracks and snow blade? Do you own it? What brand of tracks does it have. Wow!

/ Massey Ferguson 1260 oil filler plug? #7  
should be a black plug below that that unscrews and gives a much bigger hole for filling it -- think its actually on the axle-- hope that helps