Need Help! Hydraulic System.

/ Need Help! Hydraulic System. #1  

NCMau

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 202/Ford 8N
I have a vintage 59' MF 202 (industrial 35). I have posted this question on other boards, but I am not getting inputs. I am trying my luck with this one.
The position function is totally non-responsive. In order to raise the back lift I have to use the draft function. After draining most of the fluid and opening the inspection cover, I found a piece of wire with a lead crimp stuck in the control valve (as shown in the attached pic). I don't have a clue on why or where this wire comes from. The last owner had installed a new pump, so I am assuming this wire was an oversight.
Probably this wire is the sole cause of my problem. Yesterday I tried to gently pull it out, but it seems like is stuck in there pretty well. I didn't to use too much force.. yet.
Actually what I had originally in mind was to remove the top hydraulic cover. According to the book, in order to free the vertical lever, you have to spread the sides and remove the top rollers of the control valve levers. I tried that somewhat, but it seems like you have to apply quite a bit of force. Is there a good shop trick shop trick/tool I can use? I am just trying to be a little cautious, before causing any damage.
I would really appreciate some suggestions for you guys.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 116