Massey Ferguson Super 90

/ Massey Ferguson Super 90 #1  

4LRanch

Tractor
Massey Ferguson Super 90
Hello Guys,
First post here and new to tractors! I recently bought a MF Super 90 diesel. I have a few questions about it:
I'm wanting to change the transmission fluid and was trying to see what type to get. I've heard both Type A automatic trans fluid and 90W?

It looks like the transmission fluid services fluid for both the power steering and the rear axle correct?

Also, I've heard this has a wet clutch in it. I don't think the transmission has any fluid in it due to a power steering leak, but wanted to check before I start it.

Any help would be appreciated. I did purchase a IT shop manual but it didn't answer any of the questions above.
Thank you for your help.:thumbsup:

/ Massey Ferguson Super 90 #2  
I have a MF 175 a bit newer then the MF90 but still uses's the same trans fluid.I use a universal type fluid in mine.Actually got mine from Wal Mart.Don't what ever you do put a 90 w in the trans.They do use a common fluid for the trans and rear diff. You say a power steering leak so you don't think there's any fluid in the trans. Not so the power steering pump is at the front right hand side of the motor.You take out the little plug and fill to that level with ATF I use Dextron II in mine. If you have multi power on your's ??? you might be leaking oil from it as there's two lines that run from the trans and all the way to the front for a oil cooler and oil filter {at least it's like this on my MF 175} Larry