MF 235 power steering leak

/ MF 235 power steering leak #1  

xyz123

Veteran Member
Tractor
none again
My dad has a like new 235 he has been using for years now. The problem that has come up this year is the power steering fluid on the shaft side that is built on is leaking aka pouring fluid out of the seal in that area. Fill fluid up before work and will be empty when work is done.
Question is is there a seal in there that can be replaced or what other fix for the short lived 235?

/ MF 235 power steering leak
Here are some pics of pitman arm seal leak.

Right and left sides, left one is leaking.

So is there a fix or seal that can be replaced?

Attachments

• pitman arm MF 235 001.jpg
    pitman arm MF 235 001.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 2,077
  • pitman arm MF 235 002.jpg
    pitman arm MF 235 002.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 948
UPDATE from my dad and his Massey dealer.

Went to :thumbsup: today and went by the Massey place and got a seal for the steering on the Tractor. Cost was $14.00. The owner told me he was selling those tractors when they were made. He said the main problem was the shafts were too hard and would brake and mine had probably been fixed by factory. He also said the seals would wear out if the front wheels shook back and forth on the road, which mine does sometimes. Hope the seal will fix for a while. Thanks, Dad

New seal in :thumbsup:. Better steering then it has ever been he says.

The old seal was hardened and sort of crystallized and had to be removed in pieces.

Guess nobody here has had to mess with the 235 before :confused:.

/ MF 235 power steering leak #5  
did this take care of the oil leak for the sterring by replacing that seal

/ MF 235 power steering leak #6  
I came across this post while looking for pitman seal for my tractor. I have a MF 235 with the same issue on the same pitman arm. I need a seal for mine too. Do you happen to know the part number for the seal? Thanks.

/ MF 235 power steering leak #7  
New seal in 👍. Better steering then it has ever been he says.

The old seal was hardened and sort of crystallized and had to be removed in pieces.

Guess nobody here has had to mess with the 235 before :confused:.
Any photos of seal placement? I have new seals. Pulled Pitman arm but not able to see part # AGCO 1876962M1

Any photos of seal placement? I have new seals. Pulled Pitman arm but not able to see part # AGCO 1876962M1
That was 12 years ago. No pics

I am 3.5hrs north of tractor. GL