My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.
I found several small wet spots under the front axle of my GC2410 last week. This tractor only has 16 hours on it so far and has not been abused. I tried to locate where it was leaing from but could only determine it was coming from somwhere above the hydrosatic steering piston. Rather than risk having hydraulic/oil fluid leak all over the place I called the dealership to come and get it. It was very tight up in that area and I would have had to remove the front plate to get a better picture.
The dealership has been great so far and when I called them today the found a pinhole in one of the hydrostatic steering hoses. The problem for me is it will take several days to get the hose in because it is a specialty hose. Now I either have to rent a tractor or tell my contractor to hold off on the 100 yards of dirt coming next week.

{sigh}Just got it back today, I'm thinking about billing MF for this months payment it was gone so long. Dealership didn't even call me to tell me they were dropping it off either. Oh well-if only everything went perfect. Time for a :drink:

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #12  
I don't know why the work ethic of people is so poor anymore. Events like the one you (and I) experienced would have cost me my job just a few years ago. I could go into this further, but at least you got the machine back. Hopefully this is the only time you should have to rely on the dealer for any repairs. Good luck:)

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #13  
{sigh}Just got it back today, I'm thinking about billing MF for this months payment it was gone so long. Dealership didn't even call me to tell me they were dropping it off either. Oh well-if only everything went perfect. Time for a :drink:

Not an MF issue, You should have been taken care of by your dealer. Even if a temporary hose was installed untill the correct on was available, or taken one off a machine on the lot, there was no need for that amount of time to be wasted. AGCO wants its customers taken care of as well.

You should be angry.

Not an MF issue, You should have been taken care of by your dealer. Even if a temporary hose was installed untill the correct on was available, or taken one off a machine on the lot, there was no need for that amount of time to be wasted. AGCO wants its customers taken care of as well.

You should be angry.

It is also a MF issue, why bcause the part came from Japan and it's a part that should have been on hand from the tractor/part manufacturer. It was on back order for almost three weeks-from the manufacturer. MF compact and sub compact tractors are made in Japan so if most anything on the tractor chassis itself goes bad then the part has to be ordered from Japan. Dealerships can't afford to keep parts on hand and in stock anymore because Uncle Sam will impose taxes on them.

I blame MF for the shortage on the part and the dealership for lack of service. There is no temporary hose for this unfortunatley. But, if it happens again, I will try Jacks Small Engine next time.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #15  

I was in the local green dealer last week for a part for the Wifes Gator. They had re-done the Service - Parts area since my last visit. It is now an L-Shaped desgined, service on the left and parts on the right as you enter. While waiting for the part I looked across the front of the service counter and observed a large sign that read, " Labor $70.00 Per Hour/Unit taken In For Repair Today Will Have A minimum Of Three Weeks Return Time". It appears Tractor Dealers are charging more per hour for labor than Auto Dealerships, plus are holding the tractor captive for a very-very-very long time. Would we accept an Auto Dealer telling us we would be without our vehicle for 6-7 weeks. No I don't think we would.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #16  
Well, I am of course not happy. It took my dealership 3 days to come get the tractor, Then they called me to tell me they couldn't find the leak. I had to drive there to show them where it was, imagine my surprise when we walked out back and there was three wet spots underneath the front axle. They had taken the grill and the steering column apart-I told them it was leaking under the front axle. Next day I called for an update and was told it was a specialty hose that they don't make them there-service said it would take 3-5 days to get. I waited 7 days before calling them and was told-oh yeah the part was on back order, OMG, 7 days earlier they told me it was going to take 3-5 days. Then they called me back that afternoon to say the part is now available and it will take about 7 more days. WTF!

I said look, there has to be another rescource for this hose, someone has to make this part and make it better. I was told no and that Massey wants it that way so they can keep track if theres a problem. Along with the hydraulic shuttering I am starting to regret choosing Massey. I am so glad I don't have to count in this for my lively-hood and I really feel for those that have to put up with this BS.

Stuff like this, what Wacky just went through, and my own experiences, are why when the salesman tries to sell me a warranty, or, tell me how great their service department is, I can't help but chuckle to myself. :laughing:

Need Help Guys before I switch to green or orange. As you know I finally got this lemon back and put about 1.5 hours on it. Parked it over night and today noticed another little puddle underneath the front axle. I ran my hand under and found the same hydraulic oil leaking but I also have some really thick black goo-wtf.
I am going to call MF tomorrow to see if they will take this thing back-I will try green or orange next. I know a lemon when I see one. 17 hours and the **** thing had 4 hours in it when it was delivred :mad:-that makes only 13 hours on my time and 5 weeks in the shop.

Any advise?

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #18  
cDaigle, I would call AGCO and get them involved. There are representatives out "in the field" who have some power and can advocate for you. Jim Ballard in the West was responsive to my concerns this summer. You do not have to only talk to the dealer. At the least they can give you more perspective and knowledge before talking to the dealer again. AGCO is at 877-525-4384, agcoanswers@agcocorp.com.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #19  
Need Help Guys before I switch to green or orange. As you know I finally got this lemon back and put about 1.5 hours on it. Parked it over night and today noticed another little puddle underneath the front axle. I ran my hand under and found the same hydraulic oil leaking but I also have some really thick black goo-wtf.
I am going to call MF tomorrow to see if they will take this thing back-I will try green or orange next. I know a lemon when I see one. 17 hours and the **** thing had 4 hours in it when it was delivred :mad:-that makes only 13 hours on my time and 5 weeks in the shop.

Any advise?

Sorry you had to go threw all the bs with that dealer. Not all dealers are bad tho, i usely let a customer use one of my tractors when his is going to be down for awhile but like scottw said try calling Agco and talk to a rep, tell them the problems youve been haveing and you might get a new tractor out of it. Just remember its now just MF that has back ordered parts. Youll find that with any brand.
If i can help with any numbers or contact person for MF just let me know and ill be glad to help.

cDaigle, I would call AGCO and get them involved. There are representatives out "in the field" who have some power and can advocate for you. Jim Ballard in the West was responsive to my concerns this summer. You do not have to only talk to the dealer. At the least they can give you more perspective and knowledge before talking to the dealer again. AGCO is at 877-525-4384, agcoanswers@agcocorp.com.

Thanks,
Thats a great place to start-I called them and presented my case, a service rep will be calling me back in the next couple of days.