GC24XX/26XX service manuals and parts catalog

/ GC24XX/26XX service manuals and parts catalog #1  

ScottW

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson GC2410TLB
I'm trying to decide what to get in the way of extra manuals for my GC2410. I'm not an experienced mechanic but will do regular maintenance and a bit more if I can. Can anyone comment about what's in the following items offered by AGCO, and how worthwhile they are to have around?

4283093M1. GC2400 / GC2410 / GC2600 / GC2610 Compact Tractor Service Manual (printed packet only, does not include binder or engine service manual)) $34.37

I4283093M92. GC2400 / GC2410 / GC2600 / GC2610 Tractor Service Manual (assembly includes binder and engine service manual) $113.76

651875M2. Massey Ferguson Tractors-Compact GC2400,GC2410,GC2600,GC2610 Parts Catalog $27.63

Thanks. --Scott

/ GC24XX/26XX service manuals and parts catalog #2  
Parts book is a great book to have but if you dont plan on doing any engine work i wouldnt bother getting it. The service book is also a good book to have to fix any small problems you may run into and to get correct fluid amounts.

/ GC24XX/26XX service manuals and parts catalog #3  
Agree with jlsmith; they're good to have, even if you only use it to keep up with and/or understand MF service techs when/if you have problems.

Keep in mind, however, that the service manual for the tractor ONLY covers the tractor, not the BH, FEL, or anything else. At least, that's the way my 2310's manual is....

/ GC24XX/26XX service manuals and parts catalog
Thanks jlsmith and irvingj. I just checked and found there are parts catalogs for the CB05 backhoe and DL100 loader, but not service manuals. There is nothing for the MF2360 snowblower other than the operators manual.

/ GC24XX/26XX service manuals and parts catalog #5  
I just picked up my service and parts manuals. I was reading and the service manual says the engine manual was shipped separately. They told me that it was included for, 37.00 for service and 30.00 for the parts. Is the engine manual available separately? Or should I have received it?

/ GC24XX/26XX service manuals and parts catalog #6  
Interesting development.... I just went through my collection, both of them:

1. In a large binder, I've placed all the owner's manuals that came with the tractor when I got it, which includes manuals for the tractor, BH, FEL, snowblower, (and later) mower deck.... and in the rear of the stack, I see there's an engine manual, titled "Engine/Service Manual/Iseki E-Series Diesel Engines". (Mine's an E3112.)

2. I had also ordered the "Workshop Service Manual" from M-F, which came in its own binder, which ALSO includes an engine service manual, but is titled "Engine/Service Manual/Iseki Three-Cylinder Diesel Engine (Effective 2005 Production)".

Guess I have two! :confused2:

Don't yet know what the differences are, as I haven't (yet) had any problems with the engine... guess that's a good thing!:laughing:

Wacky, as far as I remember, the first engine manual came with the tractor.

Attachments

• DSC03032.JPG
    DSC03032.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 528
   / GC24XX/26XX service manuals and parts catalog #7  
Put a deposit on a GC2610 this afternoon and got them to throw in the manual. I was quoted $165.00 for it (canadian) Nobody told me it didn't cover the loader and hoe. Will find out more next week when it's delivered.

/ GC24XX/26XX service manuals and parts catalog #8  
If anybody needs any manuels just let me know and ill get you a price and can have it shipped to you.

/ GC24XX/26XX service manuals and parts catalog #9  
As for the manuals, I bought the parts and service manuals for around $65 USD, and the engine manual for $32 USD. I provided my own binder for $0. My wife had an extra one from work. The BH and FEL owners manuals and installation manuals should come with the machine, as did mine. There is not a whole lot of info to put in a service manual on these and I don't think that they are even available. They are kind of pretty straight forward of what needs replaced if there happens to be a problem IMO. But if you need help ever on issues that may arise, I am sure people on here will be happy to assist. By the way be sure to DOUBLE check your parking brake when operating on hilly terrain. I just passed the 30 hr mark on mine and LOVE it. It will amaze you on the power. The FEL will pick up heavy enough loads to lift my loaded rear tires off the ground. ENJOY:thumbsup:!