MF 65 Injector pump no fuel to injectors

/ MF 65 Injector pump no fuel to injectors #1  

biglew720

Tractor
MF65, Ford 1910, Ford 1500
Tractor has set for about two years ran great the day I parked it. I have had problems with mutipower so just let it set till I felt like working on it.

I drained the tank added fresh fuel, changed the fuel filters. Cleaned the glass bowl under lift pump. Operated the lift pump and bled vent screws on top of the filter bodies until I had a good flow from vents. Just like the book said I loosened the lower bleed screw on the injector pump and operated the lift pump till good flow, did same to upper bleed screw once again strong fuel flow. Loosened all of the injector nuts at the injectors and turned the engine over for some time doing this several times. No fuel to injectors. Then I took injector lines loose at pump not sure if I should have done that but was desperate to see if fuel was coming from pump, no fuel comes out when cranking engine. Took timing cover off side of pump and it is turning. I have bled diesel engines before including this one. I am stumped. Bad injector punp? Any suggestions?

/ MF 65 Injector pump no fuel to injectors #2  
Try cracking the injector nuts 1 at a time, starting with the one closest to the pump. Crank until fuel comes, then tighten and move onto the next one. Hope this helps.

/ MF 65 Injector pump no fuel to injectors #3  
G'day have you tried it with the throttle in the full fuel position? You may hve a stuck metering rod inside the pump which unless you are very sure of your mech abilities is something best left to a pump shop

Jon

/ MF 65 Injector pump no fuel to injectors
Thanks for the response. Yes I tried full throttle and loosening nut at injectors one at a time and all at once. I even gave up and took the injector lines completely off of the pump side and no fuel comes out of pump when cranking engine. I am a competent shade tree mechanic but have never worked on an injector pump itself however; looking at the prices for rebuilt pumps on the web $700 - $800 I would consider any options.

Lew

/ MF 65 Injector pump no fuel to injectors #5  
I would suspect the fuel line feeding the pump. What type of pump is it, a CAV?

CAV pump. When you operate the lift pump manually and when cranking engine fuel will spray out the upper and lower bleed valves on pump when opened. No fuel will come out the injector side of pump while cranking.

Ok the injector pump is apparently going to need to be repaired or replaced. I called a local shop and they will repair or rebuild it. The price would be somewhere between $450 and $750 they would know after it is disassembled. If I don稚 want it repaired then they will give it back unassembled or would reassemble for $75 bucks.

Is this the best way to handle this or is there a cheaper or better way, also does anyone know were a person can get the gaskets for the injector mounting hole and front oil filler cover.

/ MF 65 Injector pump no fuel to injectors #8  
I am having the exact same problem with a diesel MF-135 almost to the letter. I'm going to remove the pump cover and see if anything on top has broken based on a thread I ran across on tractorbynet. Can't remember the exact thread but I'll look. Same story on rebuild and repair of the pump. Still looking for a better answer or solution.

Injector pump was tested and needed repair cost $550 for rebuild. The injector mounting hole gasket was included with rebuild. Fabricated the front oil filler cover gasket myself. Hated to spend the money but tractor runs like new.
Thanks for the replies.
Lew

/ MF 65 Injector pump no fuel to injectors #10  
Hi my 65 run good then stopped. Had pump rebuilt. ran for about 3 hrs. then stopped. back to shop said it was dirt wtf. changed all filters and made sure fuel lines ran clean the first time. Any way put it back on again. Ran for about 2 hrs THEN STOPPED. No fuel to injecters again. HELP